How often do you have a cheat meal?

Options
13»

Replies

• T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I would encourage you to ask people that have cheat days or cheat meals how effective their weight loss has been. Then decide how serious about your weight loss you want to be.

Also anyone at or near healthy weight or just looking to maintain has different goals and calorific needs then those of us trying to lose weight. It's a lot easier to absorb or work off a occasional "cheat" day when your maintaining then when you are trying to lose.
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    What's a cheat meal? I'm being serious...I eat anything I want...I don't deprive myself of anything. Yes, I generally make more nutritious decisions than I used to, but as long as it fits my calorie goals and macro goals (and a couple of my micros I have to watch), who cares.

Completely agree. If my calorie intake allows a treat I have it. I refuse to feel as though I am deprived. I do that and I will CHEAT. I will give up
  • kg4ulu
    kg4ulu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have one cheat meal on friday. I don't gorge, I just have something I really want and have the whole thing. This actually seems to help losing weight.

^^^this

I have my bag of M&Ms and we usually eat out on Friday's. Just one meal, not the whole day.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Usually special occasions. Valentines day was an all you can eat chinese buffet of 3 plates of lemon chicken, the next cheat day is mothers day for a meal out, then it will be my birthday in april. But I try to have something I like in my day like sweets if I want them
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have cheat days when I go out with friends or family members cause I don't want to have to worry about what I'm gonna eat everytime I hang out with them so usually when we do those things I eat what I like but I always jump right back on track the next day
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    normally have a cheat meal once a week. sometimes it'll be twice. depends if people invite me out to things where i cant track calories
  • slacker75
    slacker75 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've just started to allow myself a cheat meal one night a week - i still try to make somewhat healthy choices, and I may go over my calories for the day - but I don't obsess about portion size, carbs, fat, etc. and I have no problems getting back on schedule the next day. Previously, when I was on WW - i would do a cheat day - and then flowed over in the next day, and the next.....but one meal doesn't seem to carry to the next day for me.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into my calories, I'll let myself have that pizza or cookie (Or cookies). And if that means I can do it every day (which most days, it really does) Then I'll do it everyday :bigsmile:
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    every sunday is cheat day. not just a meal. the whole day. that being said, i don't go hog wild but i enjoy coffee and a scone, taco-hell for lunch, and then sunday dinner with dessert. it works for me :happy:
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    about once a day...
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Never.

Diabetes doesn't take a day off so neither can I. A little bit over a safe blood glucose level does hurt. Hurts a lot even if I won't notice. They add up, do damage and then kills. I've already allowed too much damage in the past. I see what diabetes has done to loved ones. Nope, no cheat meals for me.

Now, occasionally I will have a meal that includes dairy as that does not raise my blood sugar. But, I pay for it the next day with sinus crap.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Never, once a cheater always a cheater!
  • TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    When I first started I had a cheat day every Saturday. Panda Express was my go-to. Now, my budget is very limited so I haven't been having cheat days (or even meals) regularly, which I miss. To be honest, I lose about the same both ways. My weight tends to all disappear at once in a two day span toward the end of the week. This weekend, though, I have friends coming up, which means cheating. Lots and lots of cheating. There's no point, imo, in limiting myself too much, I intend to have fun when I can and not let myself worry about going over.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I like seeing everyones variations of cheats.

For me I don't consider the fun size candy i might grab during the day as a cheat, b/c it's not a vice of mine & i can have one & then go days / wks without another.

for me it's more important to set a limit & stick to it. If i say i'm going to cheat on calories only, that's what i do (which is 99.9% of my mindset) 50-100 calories doesn't hurt me but i'm going to make those extra calories count into my macros. or vice versa.

It's more about discipline for me than anything (which i've gotten good at). and i never allow myself a cheat when i'm starving - which means being responsible by packing enough food or having healthy food on hand so i don't do such things.