Down with feminism!!

Options
sbbhbm
sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
I'm just going to come right out and say it- I LIKE GETTING HIT ON. Yeah, that's right. I don't think it's demeaning to be ogled. I like cat-calls, I like suggestive winks from total strangers. Why am I supposed to somehow feel offended that someone looks at me and likes what they see enough to vocalize/illustrate it in some way? It doesn't make me any less of a strong and confident of a woman. I don't feel "vicitimized" by flirting. If someone looks at me and thinks I'm a sex object- well, darn it I worked awfully hard to look like one, so thanks for noticing! And the plethora of "hot or not" type chats on here certainly tell me I'm not alone in wanting a little "positive reinforcement" for all of my hard work.

Grrrr... sorry for the rant. Just had a "friend" comment that I shouldn't have such a suggestive picture for my profile because it might give someone the wrong idea. Well, maybe I like the wrong idea!

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    :heart:

I'm totally with you on this. There have been plenty of times when I've turned on my charm to get something. I'm not stupid. I know that beautiful women will always command a presence and I'm ok with using that to go places.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to come right out and say it- I LIKE GETTING HIT ON. Yeah, that's right. I don't think it's demeaning to be ogled. I like cat-calls, I like suggestive winks from total strangers. Why am I supposed to somehow feel offended that someone looks at me and likes what they see enough to vocalize/illustrate it in some way? It doesn't make me any less of a strong and confident of a woman. I don't feel "vicitimized" by flirting. If someone looks at me and thinks I'm a sex object- well, darn it I worked awfully hard to look like one, so thanks for noticing! And the plethora of "hot or not" type chats on here certainly tell me I'm not alone in wanting a little "positive reinforcement" for all of my hard work.

Grrrr... sorry for the rant. Just had a "friend" comment that I shouldn't have such a suggestive picture for my profile because it might give someone the wrong idea. Well, maybe I like the wrong idea!

How you doin'?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I like the occasional ogling, but wish the ogling wasn't done by married men while their wives and kids are like right there with them in Target.....

And was this "friend" referring to the pic here? Because a bare back isn't sexual......at least not in the universe I live in.
  • roiLEI1554
    Options
    I think that your profile picture just shows your confidence (and possible willingness). Your friend just may not have been all that confident about her own body :ohwell:

work it! you've got tons to show off :wink:
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options

I totally understand what you're saying. I mean, obviously if we're gonna have a relationship with someone it'll be based on deeper things, compatibility, etc., but there's no harm in flirting & showing appreciation. We live in such a repressed moralistic society. Ugh!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You're talking to the wrong feminists.

The feminists I associate with appreciate being sexually empowered. I'd say your friend is an apologist - and a bad one, at that, because she's putting the possible blame of unwanted sexual attention at your feet ("victim-blaming.")

That's not a feminist. That's someone whose swallowed the bull****.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    YAY....its like I tell my friends I know guys are staring at my boobs and my butt if I didn't want them to I wouldn't wear shirts that plunge down lol and tight bootie jeans.......

Enjoy the view guys we really dress this way for you guys not matter what ladies tell you lol :drinker:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    YAY....its like I tell my friends I know guys are staring at my boobs and my butt if I didn't want them to I wouldn't wear shirts that plunge down lol and tight bootie jeans.......

Enjoy the view guys we really dress this way for you guys not matter what ladies tell you lol :drinker:

I am not staring at your......wait....never mind. :bigsmile:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Ying and Yang. While you might think something isn't degrading or disrespects yourselves, others have their opinions.

They say the clothes don't make a man, but what about the lack of clothes.

Guess it depedns on your perspective.
  • You're talking to the wrong feminists.

The feminists I associate with appreciate being sexually empowered. I'd say your friend is an apologist - and a bad one, at that, because she's putting the possible blame of unwanted sexual attention at your feet ("victim-blaming.")

That's not a feminist. That's someone whose swallowed the bull****.

I agree with this!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Ying and Yang. While you might think something isn't degrading or disrespects yourselves, others have their opinions.

They say the clothes don't make a man, but what about the lack of clothes.

Guess it depedns on your perspective.

I think you're speaking of judgement, and yeah, people are generally pretty judgmental. They have opinions about everything. Doesn't make it true though. I don't think clothes or lack of them makes a man. We might discover some pretty amazing people if we can look past surface appearance, whatever it may be.