Girl scout cookies!

Options
OH MY! My daughter is a girl scout so we order cookies every year to support her and her troop. So I decided to have one as a treat and then looked at the nutritional info as an after thoughts...70 CALORIES for one measly little cookie. No big deal...just didn't realize how many calories I was consuming when I would sit down with a sleeve of them before MFP.

Replies

• Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I had TEN tagalongs yesterday. I hate this time of year! lol
  • WalktoRun123
    Options
    I usually buy one box and use 1 Thin Mint cookie crumbled on my vanilla ice cream as a treat. Holds me over for a while.
    BUY 1 BOX and make a monetary donation instead of bringing those cookies home.
  • zoocrewmom
    Options
    Looking at the calories kills me. I too would sit and scarf a whole sleeve at a time with my morning coffee and not think twicw about it. Now they are sitting on my counter, Calling my name. I think I am going to send them to work with my hubby and get them out of the house...
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I ordered 6 boxes (haven't gotten them yet), but I've already told myself I can only eat 2 thin mints a day...I know it will be hard!! But I did buy some of those boxes for my kids & husband.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    OH MY! My daughter is a girl scout so we order cookies every year to support her and her troop. So I decided to have one as a treat and then looked at the nutritional info as an after thoughts...70 CALORIES for one measly little cookie. No big deal...just didn't realize how many calories I was consuming when I would sit down with a sleeve of them before MFP.

a Samoa :)
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My family has bought a few boxes, kept one for ourselves then donated the rest to the local food pantry. Try that!
  • Gin66
    Gin66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Same problem yesterday with a yogurt covered pretzel..............25 cal each...............only had two. Not satisfying AT ALL!!!!
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I bought 10 boxes and had them donated to the local church for the ladies tea time... It felt a lot better to support the troops and gift to others then it would have felt to eat a bunch and ruin all my hard work
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boxes in the house now....My box of Tagalongs took a week to eat with the hubby's help. Thin Mints are in the freezer and Samoas are waiting to be opened. I'm testing my will power :wink: I just log the cookie calories and carry on, not going to beat myself up over a treat once a year.
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My favorite are the Samoas. We got 2 boxes of them, and now I have to be on a gluten free diet for 2 weeks which means no Somoas. The boxes are always staring at me when I open the pantry door. I guess this might be a good thing because then I can't eat the whole box.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I had TEN tagalongs yesterday. I hate this time of year! lol

lol so GLAD i'm not the only one!
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I LOVE a good thin mint.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Most councils will let you buy cookies and have them shipped to U.S. servicemen and servicewomen overseas. That's what I did this year. Support the scouts, feel good about where the cookies are going, and no risk to my (shrinking) waistline.