30 Day Shred Starting Today

Options
2»

Replies

• sacha_1987
    sacha_1987 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've completed day 2 on level 1. I found that the butt kicks killed my shins - not sure whether I'm doing anything wrong or whether it'll get better as the days go on? Got to day 15 last year before my wedding and I can't remember having this then :huh:

Anywho-add me if you want!!
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    A little confused here:
    Are we suppose to do each level for 10 days? Or until each level get easier?
    When you are done with the 3 levels, lets say in 30 days what's next?
  • bfanny
    Options
    Oh one more thing, do you exercise more while doing this video? If so how often and for how long?
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I started this 15 days ago, however i have only made it through about 7 days...now there have been a couple of gym days in there as well so i have completely blown it off. i would like to do it a little more regularly so thats my new mission. I just read an interview she recently did and she said the 30 days was a marketing gimmick to sell, that she originally intended the program to be 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day rest, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, etc. i dont have the link but its been in the last week either fox news or cnn.

im also wondering about the weight size....i started with 5 pounds for the first 4, i have since switched to 3 pounds, but thinking i might use both, 3 pounds for some of them (damn lunges) but the 5lbs for some of the ones that come easier to me (chest fly, etc) anybody else have advice for weight limits?
  • bfanny
    Options
    I love what you just said about JM interview in my opinion it makes more sense, I'm doing it everyday but I want to know what others think? however I'm willing to do whatever will give the best results!
  • JemS_21
    JemS_21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I just received my dvd in the post this morning and plan on starting today now that i'm finished work.

what extra equipment do i need for the shred?

i have dumbells just need to check the weight, but what else do i need?
  • rachaelheaney
    Options
    I'm starting today too! :)
  • mira2602
    mira2602 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Please count me in -I am gonna start tommorrow. looking forward to it. if you want to add me on, please do.
  • lissabee4
    lissabee4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome...I literally just finished Day 1 of Level 1. I made it through although I had to take a break on the push-ups and put down the weights in the last circuit. I'm looking forward to improving day-to-day. I'm glad to hear that others are starting about the same time as me.
  • asligunel
    Options
    i have actually been doing it for 10 days now (10th day was yesterday).
    so far, i have done only level 1 and i have not given any breaks, meaning that i have done it every single day for the past 10 days and even at levet 1, i have already seen the differences in my body, i have started to "shrink" :)
    i am also doing a diet of course (since about a month now).

yesterday i was curious about level 2 and just wanted to check it out so right after level 1, i went on with level 2. i followed the "beginners" modifications and was able to complete it as well!

in about half an hour i will do my daily shred routine, this time level 2 :)

go for it, it's great!
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I just finished Level 1(did 10 days) but did it only Mon-Fri and took the weekends off. However, its not my only exercise. I walk briskly for 2 miles 5 days a week and do 5 days of Zumba as well. I notice my endurance is better and hey, it can't be hurting anything. I like how fast it goes since you are always switching things up and its less than 30 minutes. I am losing weight but thats probaly attributed to my diet and cardio thrown in.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am on my 4th day of 30DS. I think it should be longer. But I do like it. Somewhat challenged!
  • mira2602
    mira2602 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    yuhooo, dvd in....shall start today.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Just did Level two day 1. Wow, what a difference. I like it though because its challenging. I am not too good and the planking moves but am going to try to improve as I go. I will do it Mon-Fri for two weeks. Its possible I might do it an extra week. We shall see. I definitely feel stronger. I am doing other exercise as well though.
  • stormydaze_02
    stormydaze_02 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 3 for me today. My endurance isn't wonderful. I had to take about 4, 5 second breaks today, and tha'ts doing the beginner modifications LOL. Hoping in a few days i improve!
  • ellejay1214
    ellejay1214 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started out with weights that were way too heavy for me and had to take the weekend to recover. That being said, I pushed extra hard this morning with my lighter weights and did some Yoga Booty Ballet after to make sure the soreness comes back.

Anywho, I went from 8 lbs to 5 lbs and I feel awesome and strong today. :) I made it up the 3 flights of stairs to my office a little winded but without having to use the handrail for support (Friday, I was basically dragging myself up the stairs by my arms because of soreness lol).

Now for a question: Has anyone else using heavier weights experienced the sort of soreness in your knees and thighs that makes walking a fall waiting to happen? Just trying to walk through the parking lot my knees kept locking and giving out alternately (hence taking the WHOLE weekend to rest from working out).
  • stormydaze_02
    stormydaze_02 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ellejay. I'm only using 4lb weights (but will use heavier ones for chest fly from now on). I have knee issues at the best of times and was wondering if i could do this program. I've done the first 3 days fairly well. Just remember with your squats and lunges not to have your knee go over the level of your toes, and take it easy. I can't actually do all of the lunges with bicep curls myself. I don't want to overdo it because i know when my knee really plays up i can't do much exercise at all so best to be careful now.

Did you have knee problems before? Hopefully the lighter weights will help!
  • ellejay1214
    ellejay1214 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ellejay. I'm only using 4lb weights (but will use heavier ones for chest fly from now on). I have knee issues at the best of times and was wondering if i could do this program. I've done the first 3 days fairly well. Just remember with your squats and lunges not to have your knee go over the level of your toes, and take it easy. I can't actually do all of the lunges with bicep curls myself. I don't want to overdo it because i know when my knee really plays up i can't do much exercise at all so best to be careful now.

Did you have knee problems before? Hopefully the lighter weights will help!

I am knock kneed so I try to focus on keeping my knees in line with my ankles, and I follow the easier modified girl if I start feeling weak, but the only trouble comes later when my muscles are very sore. Is it just a matter of building those muscles up, do you think?