Power 90...anyone had any success with it?

Options
My husband and I are looking to try the Power 90 DVD's...would really appreciate any feedback. Did it work for you? What did you think about the program? Things like that...thanks guys!

Replies

• wizzo1109
    wizzo1109 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I bought them and they were great for the first 5 min.. Then I just sat there watching it.. I don't have much muscle mass so I thinkthat might be my problem.
    My Daughters high school uses it and I might say she lost about 15 lbs...but she was aching.
    I say go for it..never hurts to try and I believe you have 1 year to return them.:happy:
  • nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think they are pretty good but know a little dated and there are too many curls and similar movements - At this point, for a more entry level program I would go with Chalean Extreme or Supreme 90 (also too many curls but much cheaper) or Rushfit
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I've been using P90X for about 2 years and I love it. When I'm finished I'm drenched in sweat so I know it worked, instead of moving around for 30 mins and not feeling any different at the end. You definitely feel it. I still will skip over some moves some days and continue onto the next, but as long as I keep moving I feel great at the end. I started to see definition in my stomach which I haven't seen since I was 18!

I give it a thumbs up.
  • suecan2
    Options
    i have the P90X and have never done start to finish, in fact, the longest i followed was 6 weeks...but let me tell you--- after just 3 weeks of religiously popping in those DVD's people were telling me how good i was looking. i actually brought those back out this week once again. i had stopped a couple years ago because i went back to school and student full time and working full time is where this weight came from...so here i go again.. its the weight training that produces the most successful results.. your body turns into a furnace and burns so many more calories while at rest and during those workouts..your body uses so many nutrients that you end up craving the good food and can actually walk by the crappy food - the kind youre only suppose to have once a week. Tony Horton knows how to produce muscle and that lean look. i have never seen the power 90 videos, but they are probably great cuz the P90x videos are.
  • kimmyrn42
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I have the P90X DVD's as well but I am so outta shape I thought starting with P90 would be a better bet. I suppose at this point ANY amount of strength training is better than none...
  • Danielle_Style
    Danielle_Style Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Power 90 and I find it fairly challenging if you're just starting out. It's a good place to begin. I'm not sure I'm ready for P90X even now that I'm close to finishing. I'm probably going to go with the Power 90 Master Series after this.

Cheers!
  • AprilJG79
    AprilJG79 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 65 of p90 and lost 22lbs so far. I started very out of shape and now I am toning. You can see some pics in my profile day 1 and 60. I too have p90x but it is too hard for me atm. I think it's great and make sure you follow it along with the diet and you should get great results. After this first round of p90 I might do it again but with a hybrid of hip hop abs slim in 10 and p90x. I'm not sure yet. I guess it all depends on what kind of shape I'm in at day 90. GL