Putting a total number count in

Options
Tamiash
Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
I don't know how to input my calories burned from exercise? I wear a heart monitor and it tells me how many i burned. It would be nice to just put that number in. Any ideas?

Replies

• sunshineprincess
    Options
    I would make up a new type of workout and then enter a 1 to 1 for you have the control of the calories that you burned.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Just go under the exercise tab and create an exercise and input your numbers. Super easy.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    if your workout was something common (running, bicycling, swimming, etc) then it should already be in the database. Just click the exercise tab, look it up, enter the minutes, and adjust the calories according to what your HRM said. Don't be surprised if MFP gives you more calories than what your HRM says. MFP tends to be a little generous in that department. Trust your HRM!
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all! Great ideas!! Still think it would be easier to have a spot where you could just enter a number.....I guess i like the easy out, LOL
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Still think it would be easier to have a spot where you could just enter a number.....I guess i like the easy out, LOL

I'm with ya on the easy out...so I increase the "minutes" for a particular exercise until the cal/burned match my calculations...

Let me know if you figure something esle that works better...