Why do i bruise easily after a workout ?

Options
I just noticed i am bruising a lot more now then before after a workout , i lift weights could that be the reason why ?

Replies

• mlv333
    mlv333 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bruising has to do with your clotting factors. As far as I know, no workout can increase your clotting time. Alcohol, Asprin, are 2 OTC things off the top of my head that will help you bruise. Are you taking Asprin???
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    No i don't take anything
  • mlv333
    Options
    In that case I would go to your doc, and ask them. It's a simple blood test to make sure everything is fine that you would have never of had if you've been healthy your whole life. It is a serious sign, if it's pathological. It's worth checking out to have your doc tell ya "get out of here! You're totally healthy!"
  • jennymski
    jennymski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bruise easy because I have low platelets. It's not serious at all, just something to monitor. Usually, the bruises pop up and I have no idea where they came from, but I assume mostly from gym equipment/bands/etc that press against my legs/arms. Definitely get it checked out by your doctor, but your probably fine!
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I bruise very easily. It has to do with me being anemic. I would have your doctor do a blood test to find out what might be causing your bruising.
  • mlv333
    Options
    Simply b/c I'm afraid you may not want visit your primary care for whatever reason, both anemia and especially low platelets are potentially serious conditions requiring hospitalization if not treated properly. They are also very easily treated in healthy people. There is also many more reasons for bruising that I won't get into here. What I'm saying is go to your doc and allow him/her to tell you, you are fine; or that you'll be fine after you take this particular pill whatever the case maybe. I have a whole family of "oh, I'll be fine" and it drives me to drink :) BTW I'm a nurse.
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    Your iron levels could be low.

Of course see your doctor and maybe see if he can check your iron levels. :)
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    bananas!