Online dating e-mails.

Options
2»

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My favorite emails to ignore are always the ones that ***** about online dating in the first message.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the ones who get angry and insulting because I won't give out my number. (Because I don't use a cell phone anyway.) Gotta love the logic. Yes, Mr. Complete Stranger, you go on with your bad self and call me nasty names because I don't know you from Adam and won't give out a number I don't use. Let me know how that works out for you, mmmkay? (And yes, name-calling and THEN expecting me to cave and give out personal contact information to someone who portrays themselves as very unstable? Not gonna happen.) :huh:

My other classics are the ones who try and 'neg' -- unsuccessfully -- and can't seem to pick up on my sarcasm. "Golly, I'd hate to fall below the expectations of a person I've never met." Those get shared among friends for the lulz. :drinker:

Neg?
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    She sent me a break-up email. It said she can't see me anymore becuase I've strayed her away from the church. She needed to go back to Jesus.

I've never online dated, but think it sounds like the best way to meet someone nowadays. But this rang so true, the woman I was seeing before my wife told me something similar, that Jesus wanted her to save souls, not marry me. 'SYMPATHETIC' friends had comments like, 'at least you lost her to a better man' and 'you were seeing Joan of Arc.'
  • MizKittyB
    MizKittyB Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the ones who get angry and insulting because I won't give out my number. (Because I don't use a cell phone anyway.) Gotta love the logic. Yes, Mr. Complete Stranger, you go on with your bad self and call me nasty names because I don't know you from Adam and won't give out a number I don't use. Let me know how that works out for you, mmmkay? (And yes, name-calling and THEN expecting me to cave and give out personal contact information to someone who portrays themselves as very unstable? Not gonna happen.) :huh:

My other classics are the ones who try and 'neg' -- unsuccessfully -- and can't seem to pick up on my sarcasm. "Golly, I'd hate to fall below the expectations of a person I've never met." Those get shared among friends for the lulz. :drinker:

Neg?

Basically, to insult a woman so that she'll pay attention to you. (See also, "*kitten*")
    http://www.pualingo.com/pua-definitions/neg-hit-negs/
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Neg?

Basically, to insult a woman so that she'll pay attention to you. (See also, "*kitten*")

Did they get this idea from Barney Stinson or what???

*smh*
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I once had a guy email me asking if I would be a birthday present for his Mistress... :huh:

There are some awful ones out there, but there are some good ones if you wade through all that other stuff :laugh:
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    People still use emails?
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I once got this weird message on plenty of fish from this crazy lady detailing some weird fantasies but it was fine because she was sufficiently hot to negate the crazy,
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I would never admit to using online dating.

Edit: Not worth the strike
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Neg?

Did they get this idea from Barney Stinson or what???

*smh*

Relevant xkcd: http://xkcd.com/1027/