So HOW MUCH exercise do you REALLY need? What are we talking

Options
124»

Replies

• brzynga
    brzynga Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nothing that was said was the slightest bit rude or harsh.
    It was a wonderful post and 100% true.

If you CAN, you SHOULD. If you CAN'T, well then, obviously you shouldn't, but she wasn't saying that those who can't are "bad", she was mainly speaking to those who CAN.

Even those who think they can't sometimes can and are just making excuses. (SOMETIMES, not everyone, don't get all offended now)
    So you can't go running or swimming....so what? Go to the mall and stroll around window shopping. straighten up your house and fold some laundry, it's better than sitting on the couch talking about how you CAN'T.
    Everything you do is better than doing nothing.
  • brzynga
    brzynga Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OK..I am definitely one of those that CAN"T exercise! (much)lol. Seriouslyand not at all funny....I have a heart condition that makes my endurance very short lived. I did not take offense. I was wondering however if shopping, cleaning etc. counted as exercise.? Even for 15-30min. I guess after reading this..it DOES!! Would make sense as I never could do any of those things prior to the 24lb loss since my surgery!! Who knows maybe after more loss I can do even more!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I have psoriatic arthritis-- I'm one of the lucky 10-15 percent of psoriasis sufferers who also develop rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Lovely stuff-- NOT. My toes and fingers are swollen like Italian sausages. I can't walk without a limp, can't turn a doorknob and my kids have to start my car for me.

BUT-- I still run 3 miles and do 45 minute aerobics videos. I still found a way to hit the floor and do my pushups. I can still lift free weights if nothing else.

Yes, it can be uncomfortable some days. I come home from my runs sometimes in dreadful pain (after the endorphins go back to that happy place from whence they came ) But, that which does not kill us, my friends, only makes us stronger.

It's people like you that inspire me to keep going. I'll think to myself "Ugggh, one more and I'm done" and then I think "No. You can do more. She can hardly start her car but can do pushups? Yeah, you can do 5 more!" :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I have psoriatic arthritis-- I'm one of the lucky 10-15 percent of psoriasis sufferers who also develop rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Lovely stuff-- NOT. My toes and fingers are swollen like Italian sausages. I can't walk without a limp, can't turn a doorknob and my kids have to start my car for me.

BUT-- I still run 3 miles and do 45 minute aerobics videos. I still found a way to hit the floor and do my pushups. I can still lift free weights if nothing else.

Yes, it can be uncomfortable some days. I come home from my runs sometimes in dreadful pain (after the endorphins go back to that happy place from whence they came ) But, that which does not kill us, my friends, only makes us stronger.

It's people like you that inspire me to keep going. I'll think to myself "Ugggh, one more and I'm done" and then I think "No. You can do more. She can hardly start her car but can do pushups? Yeah, you can do 5 more!" :flowerforyou:

Toots-- bless your heart-- that's what it's all about here-- that's why I love this site.

So many people here inspire and raise me up daily-- happy to know that I can pay it forward.

yes, we can do 5 more-- or 4 more-- or 3 more-- or maybe even just one more-- but, we can-- we can do something-- all of us-- no excuses.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    U R Awesome Marla. I shall get my lazy but up and do some exercise.