Being RUDE is NOT giving support!

Options

Replies

• TempoChiarisce26
    Options
    Wow. The OP actually came back and said, "Hm good point, not everyone talks exactly the way I think they should" [sic]

That never happens. Flower for you, OP :flowerforyou:

Thank you! I like to think that i am very open minded and if someone says smoething, i always try to look at it from all angles. I can totally understand why some people say the things they do. I dont mind someone being blunt with advice, because i am in fact a blunt person. If i dont like something i will tell you. I thank all of your for the comments, blunt or not :)
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Listen darlin, it's the internet. People feel like they can be rude *explicit word that I can no longer post due to the guidelines being updated that state you can't use symbols and characters to create explicit words*
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Wow. The OP actually came back and said, "Hm good point, not everyone talks exactly the way I think they should" [sic]

That never happens. Flower for you, OP :flowerforyou:

Imagine a world where everyone regards constructive criticism as just that. Makes me wanna have a coke and smile.

I see a bright future!

20120627_Google_I-O_Project_Glass_001_610x459.jpg
  • TempoChiarisce26
    Options
    Ok I gotta be honest....the OP's willingness to see that all things on the internet can be interpreted in many ways is giving me major ladywood.

:flowerforyou:

OP-I understand you are discouraged but hell, this process is freakin hard and it's bound to happen. Rejoice the losses you have made, prepare to accept the gains you may have, and learn new ways for dealing with the hardships. I have a feeling you will be very successful.

Thank You ;)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    nevermind.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Under each person's profile pic there is a little button with an arrow. Click it and hit ignore user if it bothers you so much. Otherwise, suck it up buttercup, and welcome to the internet.
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I didn't see anyone being rude.

This. I actually went into your thread.....(expecting it to be about shakeology/BBV/cleanses/paleo/atkins/etc) and was pleasantly surprised when it was not........Then I read through every response. I did not see any rude ones? Perhaps you are being slightly over-sensitive.

NEVER tell a woman in real life they are being over sensitive...it is throat punch Thursday after all. :)
    Youre welcome for that useful info..HA!

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado

"Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    actually support doesn't tell you what you want to hear. I've had friends be honest and tell me things I needed to change but they did it in a nice tone. like your eating to few calories girl you need to up them and your activity level. we can be truthful with people without being mean and nasty.
  • TempoChiarisce26
    Options
    actually support doesn't tell you what you want to hear. I've had friends be honest and tell me things I needed to change but they did it in a nice tone. like your eating to few calories girl you need to up them and your activity level. we can be truthful with people without being mean and nasty.

Agreed. but you will always have those people who feel like they are better and know everything. If you ar not going top give me useful advice...i dont care if you know your *kitten* ot not!! ya know?? :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Examples of rudeness on MFP:

1.) When you tell someone something and it's not what they wanted to hear; you are being rude because it is not what they wanted to here.

2.) When you point out potential errors in process/thinking/whatever, rather than just capitulating or validating...you are being rude.

3.) When you attempt to debunk weight loss and fitness myths, fairy tails, and magic potions...you are being rude.

4.) When you inform someone that they aren't doing right based on MFP instructions and guidelines....well, that's just your opinion and it's rude.

5.) When you are direct and don't beat around the bush...you are rude.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    WHY does MFP have to be any different than the real world? I DON'T get the "whhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa I'm not getting support" threads.
    Generally if you want support, leave it to your page. Your friends are generally happier to answer a question others feel that they have answered a million times.

I completely agree with this. I just post my questions as a status message. My friends, who happen to already know my diet and fitness profile are much more likely to give me a sensitive answer. I am a bit like you too, if you told me I sucked, I'd sulk and feel bad but if you were positive with me, I'd strive to do better. When I hit a plateau, I posted my query as my status and my friend ihad actually went and looked at my diary for a few months and gave me ideas. It was enlightening.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options

Just as being direct and in-your-face is your personality, sensitivity happens to be the OP's personality...I don't claim either to be better than the other. We are indeed a world full of very different personalities.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Wait wait wait wait. So, this one ended up being a rational conversation where the OP comes away feeling better AND no one is reported? I...no...understand...wh--

ETA :p!sses self; collapses:
  • TempoChiarisce26
    Options

Just as being direct and in-your-face is your personality, sensitivity happens to be the OP's personality...I don't claim either to be better than the other. We are indeed a world full of very different personalities.

You are right. we live in a world full of different personalities, and to be honest, i shouldnt have been so sentitive. Thats usually not my eprsonality at all. I think since i am feeling discouraged with my weight not budging, it just rubbed me the wrong way...but there are so many more people, like yourself, giving positive advice and that is what i appreciate. :)
  • TempoChiarisce26
    Options
    Wait wait wait wait. So, this one ended up being a rational conversation where the OP comes away feeling better AND no one is reported? I...no...understand...wh--

LOL I am a very open person. whether someone says something that is "in your face" or are more discreet, i look at everything from all angles. I can totally understand why some people thought i was being sensitve. Once someone brought up the fact that i was just ebing sensitive....i thought "you know what they are right" i dont fight with people. I say whats on my mind and try to look at the situaltion from all points of view. I posted to feel better, not to make myself feel worse. So yes...that did happen...i pissed myself as well when i realized what was happening...your not alone :P
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Examples of rudeness on MFP:

While all your examples are valid, we know there are plenty of rude, snarky, sarcastic comments made in these forums. Let's not pretend that no one is rude and mean here.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    And a further heads up. People are going to likely continue responding to this thread but only read your first post, some will respond from the title alone. They won't see that you came to your senses and they'll continue berating you. Best to just walk away and ignore it now.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

LOL I am a very open person. whether someone says something that is "in your face" or are more discreet, i look at everything from all angles. I can totally understand why some people thought i was being sensitve. Once someone brought up the fact that i was just ebing sensitive....i thought "you know what they are right" i dont fight with people. I say whats on my mind and try to look at the situaltion from all points of view. I posted to feel better, not to make myself feel worse. So yes...that did happen...i pissed myself as well when i realized what was happening...your not alone :P

You are a rare one around here. You're gonna do just fine.:flowerforyou:
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    But being a sarcastic smart *kitten* is my way of showing support!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Is this the first "People are rude" thread of the day?

I wonder how long it has been since we've gone an entire day without a butt-hurt thread?