Weighing myself after using the bathroom...?

Options
I don't mean to tell people too much but I'm just confused! I always weigh myself in the morning after using the bathroom, showering, and blowdrying my hair. Well this past weekend I've been...irregular. This morning I was finally relieved. At my last weigh in earlier in the week I was 171.2lb but after this I weigh 169.6 pounds! Which one do I weigh?! Even with my clothes on (jeans, shirt, cardigan) I weigh 171.6lb so it's not the scale that's off. Do I actually weigh that much? Will it stay like that?

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself on a regular basis, log the results, and over time you'll see trends.

You should weigh yourself under the same conditions every time: naked, after using the toilet, and with the same scale.
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I don't get why you are confused. That isn't meant to be rude. I'm just wondering if I misread your post, or if there is a typo somewhere. From what I read, you weighed 171.2, waited a few days, pooped, then weighed 169.6. With clothes on, you weigh 171.6. This all seems legit to me.
  • coachsondrejens1
    Options
    Also weigh yourself at the same time of the day - like in the morning.
  • iggylove123
    Options
    I'm just confused because that's so much weight! So do I actually weigh 169.6 pounds now? Sorry if that's a dumb question
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yes. Hell before and after just emptying my bladder in the morning I have had a 2lb difference. I usually expect at least 1lb difference between weighing in at night and then in the morning after using the bathroom.
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It's not a dumb question, I just wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly. But, like I said earlier, I do think it's right.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm just confused because that's so much weight! So do I actually weigh 169.6 pounds now? Sorry if that's a dumb question

From weighing my self everyday for while, I have stopped thinking about it as I weigh a specific amount. During weeks when my weigh is essentially the same, that number on the scale would go up and down a pound or two from day to day.

I would suggest just being consistent when you weigh and record your weight and not worry about one day blips in the number.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Yes. Hell before and after just emptying my bladder in the morning I have had a 2lb difference. I usually expect at least 1lb difference between weighing in at night and then in the morning after using the bathroom.
    only 1 lb? jeez i lose at least 3 pounds over night every night
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat a pound here or there. My goodness! That will drive you nuts!