The "perfect food"

Options
Is there such a thing as the perfect food? You know...the one that supplies you with the exact amout of macronutrient in the right percentages. Like 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat.

I am trying to eat my meals proportionately healthy and find myself referring to my pie chart often. Does anybody else do this or just me?

And yes, I did a search on the "perfect food" with nothing that I saw would answer my question.:noway:

Replies

• bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Is there such a thing as the perfect food? You know...the one that supplies you with the exact amout of macronutrient in the right percentages. Like 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat.

I am trying to eat my meals proportionately healthy and find myself referring to my pie chart often. Does anybody else do this or just me?

And yes, I did a search on the "perfect food" with nothing that I saw would answer my question.:noway:

I eat a lot of beans. They are high in protein fiber and have very little fat. I do 2 cups of beans or lentils at lunch with salsa and a piece of fruit.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i am with above, beans and lentils, i also love BEETS!
  • Destynee13
    Destynee13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Beans really are great! and is a pie chart available on here?
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    quinoa
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think low-sodium miso soup is close to a perfect food in terms of how it tastes and satisfies and considering it's calories/macros.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Who says what the "perfect" ratio of macronutrients is though?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    30% protein is not enough for most people losing weight. Protein requirements go up as caloric intake goes down. That's why fixed macro ratios are silly.

Anyway, I haven't found one. The perfect food for me would have to have about 14g protein, 15g carbs, 4.5g fat, and 3g fiber per serving. Not much I can think of that fits that. Lentils with butter, maybe? :)
  • crazy4fids
    Options
    Who says what the "perfect" ratio of macronutrients is though?

It would vary depending on how you have your nutritional goals set.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think low-sodium miso soup is close to a perfect food in terms of how it tastes and satisfies and considering it's calories/macros.
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options

What kind of pie chart are you looking for food or exercise?
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    only on the app
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The closest there would be to a nutritionally perfect food would have to be hemp seeds.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Roasted soya nuts maybe ? - 50 grams contain about 240 calories, 13grams fat, 14 grams carbs, 18 grams protien
  • jontay81
    jontay81 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options

I guess that explains the historic population explosions in Asia. Just imagine if the men there didn't eat soy :wink:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Milk and eggs. Designed to make babies grow bigger.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The bacon it always fits your macros.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Of course now that I think about it cheese is the perfect food
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I read about an experimnent some years ago. They tried to feed white rice to a certain group of people like all the time as opposed to feeding cooked/baked potatoes to another group. That study showed that however none of the 2 groups were gaining or losing, the the rice group had signs of vitamin and nutrient deficiency much faster; the first signs of nutritient problem showed way over 6 months in the potato group whereas the rice group had problems 1.5 months later already.. This was done in the 70-ies as well as the book was from the seventies but I found the conclusion that "potatoes are still vegtetables and sustain you much better than any grains" reasonable at the time I read it. With all the nutrient theories it may not be sustainable today at all. So there is only one question left: how do the japanese make it until 90, because they do?