Any Other Guys?

Options

Replies

• JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    (looking around) Dang! Im not the only guy here! All good info once you winnow out the chaff.
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Of course there are more guys on here, to test the theory put up a pic of a young attractive nearly naked female as your profile pic and then go post in the forum that you are new and looking for friends...you will have 100 friend requests before the day is over.
    :smokin:

Program is working. Nothing like being accountable and seeing the numbers, good & bad, right there.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    There are more than a few helpful threads for new people (that I don't have the links for on my work computer). Look for 'in place of a roadmap' and a group titled 'Eat, Train, Progress'. Just don't cop an attitude with the people who developed the guide/group and you'll do well :D

As a guy, make sure you eat way more protein than what is recommended.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    We're out here, but it's true that the site seems dominated by women. I guess tracking calories isn't "manly" or something. Not really sure why there seems such an imbalance.

To answer your question, of course it works for guys too. Knowledge is power, and knowledge of what you're eating gives you power over your food instead of the other way around. It's that simple.
  • xortion
    Options
    Feel free to add me could do with a few male friends
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I'm here, I was just asleep thats all.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Plenty of guys on here, feel free to add me.
  • MokelumneJones
    MokelumneJones Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just joined when I got my Fitbit. I have a company provided health coach and it turns out she is on here too! Now I can't BS her or myself either. Lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks.

Take care,
    Mike
  • chrismpalmer
    Options
    I think most of the users are pretty quiet here. Male & Female. There just happens to be far more females, making the number active in the forums appear overwhelming.

As you see here, there are plenty of us males here.

Feel free to add me up.
  • HideyoshiKinoshita
    Options
    Yep, a lot of guys are here too. :) And I guess I'm a guy. :L
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    they work if you set reasonable goals and track everything accurately.
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Checking in....feel free to add me.
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yeah the guys are here. We are just the quiet types. And I am convinced, MFP works. Slowly, steadily, and surely!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Regular sausage fest on here. : ) The site works great. Doesnt matter if you are male or female.

Here is a great group with a ton of good info to go through. Would have saved me months of following a bunch of garbage advice if I had something like this when I started.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    :Exercise and portrion control work for anyone, we are slightly outnumbered by the fairer sex but it's a minority I don't have a problem with :laugh:

Andy
  • raleywpr
    raleywpr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Were here and working it out... Maybe we don't share or discuss it as much... But that's okay I am here if you ever want to talk. I am very comfortable in who I am not on any macho thing in here... just losing weight and getting healthier
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Of course there are more guys on here, to test the theory put up a pic of a young attractive nearly naked female as your profile pic and then go post in the forum that you are new and looking for friends...you will have 100 friend requests before the day is over.

Yep! ^^^
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add
  • sgrubby
    sgrubby Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm here too. Love this site.
  • Progman
    Progman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    MFP definitely works! I'm 48 and have lost 41 pounds. I'm currently in maintain/build mode and tracking the calories has been HUGE! I still use it daily.

Just a thought, but perhaps a couple of the reasons that guys don't seem more active on here is....1. For many of us, the journey is a more personal thing.
    2. There does seem to be a bit of a 'meat market' mentality with some of the users and many of the posts. A lot of folks, just don't want to be a part of that.

Feel free to add me and good luck!