How much weight should I lose? PICS

Options

Replies

• Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You are about my height. I'm 5'3.5'' so yeah I think 10-15 pounds would work the best. You're body has relatively good soft shape. I think if you lose the weight while exercising (doing cardio and lifting weights) it would really look good on you compared to just dieting with no exercise. Good luck.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I agree with most people so far. Just build muscle and tone and dont worry about losing lbs. You look great by the way!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I think you have a very beautiful body as is! I agree with someone else's advice. I bet if you started lifting and toned up you wouldn't care about how much you lost.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    You basically look like you just need to tone up. Strength training would build muscles and reduce some bulk because a pound of muscle has less bulk than a pound of fat.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Maybe gain 5-10 pounds of muscle. :) Eat a lot and lift :) That would be a fun goal! I enjoy working out very much.
  • gottaliedka3
    gottaliedka3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I say you should just start and when you are happy maintain. (although I think you look fine)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Forget "weight" and build some muscle. I suspect you'll love the results.

^ exactly what this smart man said.

+1
  • apg2302
    apg2302 Posts: 667
    Options
    I cannot repeat what I first said upon opening this thread, but indeed take it as a very flattering compliment from me!:)

If you want to lose a few pounds to 'feel' more.confident in yourself, by all means set that as a goal for yourself, but echoing everyone else's opinion on here so far, I'd say building a little bit of muscle will bring you some definition and make you smile a lot more :)
  • UnicornRides
    Options
    um yeah- Theres a to of us including myself who would kill for your body.... I think If you're trying to be REALLY tiny... you could lose like 9 pounds and be satisfied.... I think you look fantastic as is.

Lurking.. love your user name ;).
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Personally, you loook pretty damn good to me, but if you are looking to do something, I would say just add strength traing to tone up and just maintain calorie wise. You might even need to bump up cals as you get going.

Cheers
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else who has said you might benefit from some body recomposition.

Based on your stats, I wouldn't lose more than 10-15 lbs. Its not like you're overweight or anything!

If you're going to cut calories and do cardio to lose what little fat you have, at least try to carve out 20 minutes or so to dedicate to some mild strength exercises like lunges, pushups, abs, etc after you do your cardio. That will still help you lose any fat and assist with some great toning.

Also I want to close my comment saying you look great as is, however since you asked for an opinion I'm giving my honest assessment based on the picture. Heck, I can't imagine how much people would tell me I need to lose if I posted mine and frankly I think it might stress me out.. so props to you for doing this but don't think that just because we've said "10, 15.." means you NEED TO.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    You certainly don't need to lose weight to please anyone. You look good already and appear to be at a perfectly healthy and functional weight. But, as stated, I think you would be astonished at the results if you started lifting weights. You could be the same weight you are now, but slimmer and much more toned.

images.jpg
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    None, you look lovely as you are

Agreed! Eat maintenance calories and start a lifting program, like New Rules of Lifting for Women or Strong Lifts.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    IMO you don't really need to lose but lift and tone. You look like you have a tendency to carry weight around your middle so get doing some deadlifts, tone and strengthen that core, clean up your diet a bit, getting on top of it now is a good idea!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

This.
    But! I'd kill for a body like yours!
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I think you look great! I think if anything, just tone up!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Nothing, just tighten and tone - lift!
  • megan_sunshine
    Options
    Okay, this is a better representation of how I look in my opinion. :frown:

Change your mind? Should I lose more than 15?

20kro8l.jpg

2q24llz.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Well.... you look the same as you did in the other pics. Previous advice stands :)