BodyMedia FIT Too High

I just got my Bodymedia FIT device. It seems to be over estimating calories consumed, although this seems to be a common concern for people which most time it ends up be unfounded.

After reading about the 3 sensors built into it, one being the "galvanic skin response sensor " who's job is to measure the amount of sweat you generated.

This got me wondering if people who naturally sweat alot, like myself, would have as accurate of a measurement as one who doesn't.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    I just got my Bodymedia FIT device. It seems to be over estimating calories consumed, although this seems to be a common concern for people which most time it ends up be unfounded.

After reading about the 3 sensors built into it, one being the "galvanic skin response sensor " who's job is to measure the amount of sweat you generated.

This got me wondering if people who naturally sweat alot, like myself, would have as accurate of a measurement as one who doesn't.

Any thoughts?

If you just got it, then yes, the numbers are off.. it takes a couple days to normalize. It's states that in the manual. I sweat a lot.. The first day it said I burned like 5.8k calories... then it started to taper off.. Now on days I don't work out it has me at around 3.9K which is correct. I did a metabolism test at the local college and the bodymedia was actually 190 calories off from that, I was pretty impressed by that. That is pretty darn close. The breathing device thing had my metabolism at 4,000 something and bodymedia had it at 3800 something for the day. It was close enough for me. I do remember having the same worry the first couple days I had mine though.. Looking and it was like.. You have and extra 2,200 calories to eat for the day on mfp.. I was like.. WHOA.. what!!!!