If im not hungry, should i make myself hit my calories?

Options
Were talking around 200 or 300 calories under daily than what my nutritionist recommends for me. I still eat 3 balanced meals and the occasional snack. I'm not eating a high amount of carbs or anything to trick me into "feeling" full either. Should I just have more healthy snacks through the day or up my potion sizes or is the difference insignifigant because its only a couple hundred? No rude or sarcastic answers please.....

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    You haven't said what your goals are or your starting point, but I think the best advice you'll get is to eat them. You have a professional setting your diet for a reason, so you should either follow their advice, or save yourself some money and fire them.

I'd certainly not listen to a bunch of well intentioned yahoos on the internet over a qualified (presumably) professional.
  • n_gal87
    n_gal87 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You're going to get a lot of different opinions on this. My opinion - see what works for you. Personally, I try to listen to my body, when I'm hungry i eat, when I'm not I don't. The one exception to this for me when I'm over cals. or way below
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    By the way, whatever you choose to do, make sure your nutritionist knows about it. It's going to make their job very difficult if they are assessing your progress on the assumption that you are eating 1500 Cals, when you are only really eating 1300. Log everything, and share the log with them.
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I would not eat more, per say. I believe if you're not hungry you're not hungry. Maybe try eating healthy but calorie dense foods like nuts or avocado for a snack instead of, say, celery, to bump you up.
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Think it depends if its just a one off, or a daily deficit. If its just a one off, then I wouldnt worry too much, you might find you are more hungry tomorrow but other than that just carry on as you are. If you are constantly 200-300 below then you should probably consider upping your portions/eating more calorie dense food/ high calorie snacks!

Do what you think is best for your body (not your mind) :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Yes, if it's happening regularly, then add some calorie-dense foods. A tablespoonful of peanut butter with a cup of whole milk will take care of the deficit real quick.
  • ayvaz0524
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)