People who work Thrid shift

Options
So I just recent starting working thrid shift at work yes the dread 11/7 a.m. yes I do get hungry around 3a.m . So instead I bring a fruit cup to help with the crave of food .Also I eat dinner with my Family around 5:30. If any one works that shift please share how you fight that hungry in the wee mornings hours.

Replies

• w119ana
    Options
    My husband has worked 3rd shift for about 2 years now. Here's what his typical work day is like. He eats dinner with me (his breakfast), then he packs a lunch and snack for work, then he eats his dinner when he gets home. Kind of like you would if you were on 1st shift. If you sleep during the day then i suggest just switching your meals to equivalent times on the 3rd shift schedule.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a small snack when I woke up, dinner with my family, pack a lunch for at work and breakfast when I got home. There's no rule you have to eat in any particular order or at any certain time. I've been known to eat pizza for breakfast and eggs for dinner. It's calories in/calories out. Stay in budget for any 24 hour period and it's all good.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I worked 3rd shift at a restaurant. Right around 3 I'd start to get hungry too. Try drinking some coffee
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I work 3rd shift from 11pm to 7am. I eat while at work. I eat a snack around 1am, I eat my dinner at 3:30am and another snack around 5:45am. I eat my lunch right before I go into work and I eat my breakfast when I get home from work. I have an open food diary and I list the times I eat in my notes. Feel free to take a look