42lb down, 60 to go

Options
Well after being inspired by so many success stories i decided to post a small one of my own.

6 months ago i would have never dreamed of posting these images, i was ashamed of the way i had let my body get. 3 years ago i went from 280lbs to about 230lbs using MFP and then for some reason i got side tracked, lost all motivation and put it all back on with a few pounds more.

In mid October 2012 when i started to feel my biggest work shirts were getting tight i decided enough was enough and that i would lose the weight i lost 3 years ago, and this time i wouldn't stop until i hit my goal.

I started off doing 5 mornings a week at the gym doing 60 minutes of brisk up hill walking, by mid December i was starting to feel less sluggish and decided i would start C25K, and as of last week the program is complete i can run for 30 minutes! something i never imagined i would have achieved 6 months ago.

It wasn't until i looked at the picture below that i realised just how much different i looked, to me i was just the same overweight guy, sure i felt a lot healthier from the running, but i didn't feel physically any different.

I will apologise now for the semi nudity, and it wasn't until i put these on the PC i realised just how filthy the mirror was!! (I'm blaming my housemates for that one).

So here are 2 pictures of me before and now, hopefully in a few months i'll have some even better photos to be able to share!

frontchange.jpg

sidechange.jpg

Replies

• nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a great difference those 42lbs have made! you look GREAT! Keep up your hard work and those last 60 will come off ;) nice job dude :drinker:
  • mitsukai424
    mitsukai424 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I look forward to reading your next success story! You're looking great!
  • AleshaT87
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Looking good :wink:
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You can really tell the difference! Keep up the great work!
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great job! I recently finished couch to 5k as well. It feels pretty amazing, doesn't it? Keep up the great work!
  • Ferraro518
    Options
    Congrats! The motivation and dedication you have for change is fantastic!
  • Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!