No one is trying to sabotage you!

Options
2»

Replies

• serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    OK, it is really on you how you construct your own attitude. But it is unrealistic to wish away the idea that there are people who are very close to you whose whole relationship with you will have to shift when you are both not fat and in control of your life. They will have to make big changes, too, ones that they did not necessarily choose. The idea that they are resisting is not just some neurotic fantasy in your head.

They're going through changes too, no doubt. But most aren't "sabotaging" you. They are just uncertain of their place in your new life. It's not sabotage, its confusion.
  • serenapitala
    Options
    My boyfriend is constantly flipping. Encouraging me to eat better and work one minute and offering me Doritos the next. He's not a saboteur, he's a doofus.

:laugh:
  • serenapitala
    Options
    Not directed at OP;

Most men aren't thinking that hard about things. When offering food, they're prob like OH she likes these, I'll share cause I'm a nice guy. BAM! Next thing they know, they're sleeping on the couch wondering what they did wrong.

I doubt most men are sitting there and taking the time out of their day to plot how to sabotage a woman's diet. It's usually the women doing plotting.

Whatever anyone's intentions, only YOU control what goes in (and out of) your mouth. Take some responsibility and get some will power.

I know it wasn't directed at me, but I love it. :heart: :heart: :heart: