Hello from Switzerland!

Options
Hi everyone,

I am a recent WW convert - got to goal on WW last year and managed to maintain for a while but my weight has been slowly creeping up recently so I've decided to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control. I have 6lbs (3kgs) to lose and would love to do it before my 30th b-day at the beginning of June (agh!).

Currently loving the website - and the iPhone App is a serious bonus!! Haven't counted calories in many years and the only thing I'm currently finding annoying is that I have to count all the little things like veggies which used to be 'free' on WW - I can put 4 or 5 of these into each meal and they only come to 15 calories each time..... I'm considering just undereating by 150-200 calories every day and just not counting these previously 'free' foods......does that sound feasible?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Sarah x

Replies

• swisschris
    Options
    Hello back. I have managed to lose 6lb but am stuck on that now and Easter did not do me any good! Are you Swiss or a Brit living in Switzerland? I moved to england 23(!!!!!) years ago, was an Au Pair and stayed.
    The key to losing inches is definetaley walking. Go with a friend and its lots more fun.
    Chris x:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Hughesy
    Hughesy Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi from the UK and welcome to MFP, you'll come across loads of really nice people on here.

I would stick with entering everything that you eat...this site is fairly user friendly and once you've got it on your database it's really only a couple of clicks...

You could try grouping all of your veg together and setting it as a meal, that way you only need to add one item...

As soon as you start ignoring things it's only a matter of time before you say "wellllll it's only 1biscuit"

I love Switzerland, it's my favourite place to snowboard! :wink:

Good luck with your weight loss
  • monkey72
    monkey72 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm a Brit living in Switzerland - been here for just over 2 years now and love it! The only problem is the abundance of yummy chocolate and cheeeeese!! On the plus side, theres plenty of beautiful countryside to walk in, the roads are very safe for cycling (which I do a lot), and we ski nearly every weekend in winter - so life is pretty good!

I live with my boyfriend, who used to be a fitness instructor (should be a good thing, right?) but since he stopped that and got an office job, he has gone totally the other way and I now do more exercise than him!! I need to give him a kick up the backside..... :-D

Thanks for the replies - grouping veggies as a meal is a good idea - I'm gonna do that!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I have visited Switzerland before and have friends who live there. It's a beautiful country!