Exercising the Core

Options
I started my journey last May, I have last 12 pounds. I have toned muscles, which excites me! I have found a new passion...I am now a lap swimmer :) but it doesn't concentrate fully on my core. What home exercises do you find work the best for your core? This is my problem area! Any advice helps. I just cannot do squats on dry land, I can in water, so bending at my knees for anything to hold my weight on land, will not work for me, but if I can do it in the water then great! Thanks

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    hi if you go to fitnessblender.com , they have a range of exercises to work your core

At the top select Exercises, then you can narrow the search down as appropriate

they have heaps of awesome full workouts as well !
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Planks and various modifications are great for the core. So are pushups. Also, just about any ab exercises. A yoga class could help with core strength and be a great compliment to swimming.
  • AmandaH04
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Delyla07
    Delyla07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just learned a killer ab workout at bootcamp...

If you have a yoga ball, lay on your back on it and put your feet on the wall at 90 degress, then do crunches, going up for 4 seconds and down for 4. Do as may reps as yu can. It works all the core muscles!!
  • thelton01
    Options
    Plank twists, scissor kicks, pushups, walking planks, standing pipes, bicycle crunches, squirms, side plank raises, I exercise with Jillian Michaels and she really focuses on strengthing the core. My balance and posture has greatly improved in just 5 weeks.