Is this right?

Options
Ok, I just changed my goals because I'm now excercising 6 days a week for 55 minutes at a time. I'm oblivious (I'll be the first to admit it) when it comes to tdee and all those other things, I have not a clue what they mean. But considering the size I am, and the amount of weight I have to lose, does 1780 sound right? I was working out 5 times a week for 30 mins and my goals were 1800. I really want to be successful at this and just want to make sure I'm eating the right amounts of food, and enough of the right foods.

Replies

• surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Sounds right to me, the only think eating that vs. 1200 will do is keep you from plateauing once you get close to goal. Save yourself the heartache and eat, just eat well :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    depends on what you weigh, how much you want to lose per week, and how intense your work outs are, but it seems reasonable. I aim to lose 2 lbs a week, i weigh 220, my daily goal is around 1700 if i dont exercise and i add to that if i do exercise dependant on the type and intensity of excercise
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your weight we can't really judge your calories. 1800 is probably reasonable. ..ish.

Keep in mind that the mfp way doesn't change no matter how many days of exercise you enter into your goals. Once you do the exercise and log it your daily cals to eat well increase and you're supposed to eat them back