Fit & healthy, here I come!

Options
I'm 35 (my profile's lying about my age), and just found MFP.

I realized a week or so ago I needed to make a serious commitment towards daily exercise & dieting.

I come from a family of obese women (mom 200+ pounds & her 3 sisters at 300-400 lbs, my maternal grandfather was 500+ pounds when he died).

I want to get down to a healthy weight, and I want to get in shape.

I've got my garage cleared out and our weight bench set up. The elliptical machine I bought from ****'s Sporting Goods should arrive within the week! :)

I'd love friends here to help support me & keep me exercising & tracking my food intake.

Replies

• 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're on the right track! Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me, I log on daily and have an open diary :)
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Still trying to lose weight & get healthy. I think it might be working this time though... I'm down 12 pounds from my highest-weight-ever (achieved that Sept 2014).

I barely manage to get on my elliptical once or twice a week... but I've gotten REALLY good the last few months about being conscious of what, how much, and WHY I'm eating.

ADHD struggles are real.... Imagine you have a biological/inherited thing that takes away nearly all impulse control... now imagine you get bored easily... and you have a tendency to gain weight easily.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot... I'm still looking for new friends for support & motivation! I also got a FitBit One, and that has been a godsend! No more guessing as to how active I've been and how much I can eat each day.