How's the 30 day shred going people?

Options
:laugh: Ok so I am obsessed :tongue: but I am at home at the mo cause I work in a school and it's the holidays so I am on here a lot to keep me out of the kitchen! Seriously though,how is it for you.....the shred I mean!
I just wondered......I think I may need more Ab work but I am still on level one after 7 days.I can't do press ups well yet and anterior raises are still tricky!Some folks are straight onto level 2 but I am taking my time.Sometimes I get worried that 20mins is not enough then I remember how hard it is.I am no stranger to tough fitness regimes so I am hoping that this really can replace the 60 mins or more I used to do before I got sick and until I haVe the time and energy to do longer!

Replies

• Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    30 Day Shred is awesome! I have been using them off and on for the last year and still get a good workout it. I just increase the weights as needed. As for Ab work, if you are looking to spot reduce fat from a specific area, that won't do it. If anything it will only make your stomach bigger as you will be building the muscle underneath. Cardio is the best way to reduce Body Fat Percentage. Trust me, if there was a way to spot reduce around the mid-section I'd be allllll over it!!
  • faerygal
    faerygal Posts: 51
    Options
    Your right!I never thought of the musle growing!It's obvious really....I store a lot of my weight in a little pooch on the lower abs but I know there is good musle under there!Best keep digging for it with the cardio shovel lol!
  • sbacue
    sbacue Posts: 2
    Options
    I really love the 30-day shred because no matter how tired I am, I can always convince myself to just do a 20-minute video. I've been alternating the DVD with running on other days, just to give my muscles a rest....and that seems to work really well for me.
  • Al77
    Al77 Posts: 47
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred, and to be honest with you, I find level 1 to be a little tougher than level 2 for some reason. 2 is by far my favorite, 3 is just killer! However, my absolute favorite is No More Trouble Zones. If you have 50 minutes I HIGHLY recommend that, especially if you're looking for more ab work. There are some great moves in that one.
  • faerygal
    Options
    :wink: I might try level 2 tommorrow!
  • Jaxmama
    Jaxmama Posts: 6
    Options
    I enjoy the 30 day shred DVD but my issue is how to log it for exercise properly on here......any advice/suggestions???
  • faerygal
    Options
    I log it as circuit training 20mins that comes out at 181 cals for me but I don't worry too much about the numbers as I have a thyroid problem so who knows what I really burn!I eat all my calories as I find if I don't eat enough I am miserable.I am still losing at the mo so I am trying not to get too precise yet for my sanity!I might worry more if it stops coming off!:heart:
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones is also FAB! To do the whole DVD is 50 minutes, but you can also choose the different circuits to train whichever muscle groups you want for the day. I'm waiting for my "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" dvd. I'm a little scared :-). What can I say... Jillian rocks!