Dr. Ian's Shred Diet

Options
13»

Replies

• cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Like ANY other diet, if one follows the protocols, they'll lose weight. And like any other diet program, 90% will revert to weight regain because practically all diets are unsustainable in the long term.

Just in to say that all diets have one thing in common......................................calorie deficit. And you don't have to pay for that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Can I get an Amen?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 95 of MFP. I've already lost 109 pounds.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 95 of MFP. I've already lost 109 pounds.

Yeah, but that must be a fad diet...

;)
  • sah731
    Options
    I am on the 3rd week of this diet. I love it. I needed, and paid, for something like this because if I do not have an exact plan in place I will stray. This diet tells me what to eat and when to eat. It is as simple as that. Is it a fad? Only if you allow to be one. I wanted a healthier lifestyle and this is helping me to obtain one. I firmly believe that after the 6 weeks are over that I will continue to eat this way (maybe not so many smoothies) and continue to regularly work out because I am developing healthy habits.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,051 Member
    Options
    Like ANY other diet, if one follows the protocols, they'll lose weight. And like any other diet program, 90% will revert to weight regain because practically all diets are unsustainable in the long term.

Just in to say that all diets have one thing in common......................................calorie deficit. And you don't have to pay for that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Yes, this is true - however I can see how programs like Weight Watchers work for people - yes they work by creating a calorie deficit, I know that - but some people benefit from a structured program and from the support that comes from others, so going to meetings helps with motivation.

I would not call WW a fad diet though - it does not tell you exactly what and when to eat and it has been around for many many years - by definition, a fad is something new and short lived.

I'm not on WW myself but I can see the benefits of it - not sure why it gets such a bad rap on these forums.