I hope there is something wrong with me...

Options
2»

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling - I really do - but it's kind of terrible to hope there's something wrong with you.

I hope there isn't.

As I've been logging along, I thought there had only been a few days that I had gone above my calorie counts, but I guess memory lies because I found the REPORTS feature and discovered that I had been over calories almost as many days as I had been at my calorie limit. Also, I thought I'd been exercising more than I have. To make matters worse, I know there were days when I had a bite of this and a taste of that but didn't log them because how do you log one bite? Ya know?

Anyway; it's a struggle for some of us. I hope you find your weight loss sweet spot soon. I hope I do, too.
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    Have you tried increasing your metabolism (given that you don't have a thyroid problem)?
    Also, what foods are you eating? Just because you are eating the right amount your TDEE suggests doesn't mean you are eating the right foods.
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Have you tried increasing your metabolism (given that you don't have a thyroid problem)?
    Also, what foods are you eating? Just because you are eating the right amount your TDEE suggests doesn't mean you are eating the right foods.

you can look at my diary, its open. I try to stay away from processed foods for the most part. and I try to stick to my macros
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    What kid of exercises do you do? What is there level of intensity? That could also be a factor. I could say I'm working out everyday of the week but If I'm not doing anything intense, I can't expect my body to burn off the calories.
    It's like Yoga, you could say you do yoga but if you don't give it your all, you can't expect to be flexible just because you are showing up.
  • jillybeanpuff
    Options
    also, how can I increase my metabolism? I eat 6 meals a day, every 2-3 hours
  • jillybeanpuff
    Options
    I've been doing 30DS 5 days a week, and I'm in the middle of level 2 now
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    I haven't done 30ds so I don't know how effective it is. What I do know is that if you do legs and back exercises, you will burn off fat faster since those are the two main fat storage places (hence "It's going straight to my thighs"). Squats can become your best friends. If you add barbells to the mix you can practically hit every muscle group with just one exercise.

Your metabolism seems good and your food choices aren't problematic (from the days I've seen). I suggest you try to keep your protein intake high since protein will help fuel your muscles and your muscles will help you burn fat.
  • matthewdylenbrown
    Options
    Keep in mind you have a desk job. Your calories burned daily is a lot lower and that's not your fault. Maybe doing a little work out in the morning and doing your major workout after wouldn't be a bad idea. What is everyone's thoughts?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    My guess is that it is water weight from the exercise and maybe sodium although you aren't over on it all the time. I've seen so many people on here have he same thing happen that were doing 30 day shred. I've not done it myself, it's just what I've observed happen many times so relax and keep doing what you are doing and I think it'll just start to drop off soon.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    You've been at this for a month. Perspective. Give it more time and be consistent.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Sodium = retained water = retained (and false) weight gain. Eat more whole unprocessed foods and increase water (i drink way more then I log)

I found out this week I have a vitamin deficiency.. means a pill for the rest of my life.. don't hope for that.. but if it makes a difference I'll let ya know.. I'm sure it will though.. it's been linked to so many things.

You might have over calculated or under calculated your numbers. I don't do the TDEE thing just yet.. I'm excited to eat over 1200 currently, regardless of exercise, but if you are eating too much you won't lose.

If you are lifting, you are likely losing fat and gaining muscle.. so you won't lose weight, you'll lose inches. Muscle does not weight more then fat, it just has less mass, so a pound of muscle takes up less space then a pound of fat. So 100 pounds of muscle is much smaller then 100 pounds of fat, even though they weight the same. (This is my current struggle, no weight loss, but definitely getting tighter and more toned, I'm happy about it.. but I had to step away from the scale for mental health. LOL)

Just don't give up and keep aiming for a healthy lifestyle.

The things that are most worth it are often the hardest to attain.
  • jillybeanpuff
    Options
    just wanted to update in case anyone checks this...I got my blood work results today and I have a B12 and vitamin D deficiency. Both are easily supplemented, so we will see how that goes. No thyroid problems, so that's good :) thanks again to everyone for their responses, I really appreciate it!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Good news then. How's the weight loss going since?