Boy George's Amazing Slim-Down: No Bread, No Sugar

Options
sallyaj
sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
Did you see Boy George's amazing transformation?

E-Online reports:

http://www.eonline.com/news/389759/boy-george-s-weight-loss-see-his-dramatic-transformation

The 51-year-old singer lost weight through:

Portion control
5 hour gaps between meals
No coffee or tea, except at meals
Water & fizzy water between meals
No bread
No sugar

Sounds like a sane program. He looks great!

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    his makeup is much nicer too...
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    i get how everything else could help you to loose weight but why no coffee or tea? i think its funny how he still has 80s makeup
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

E-Online reports:

http://www.eonline.com/news/389759/boy-george-s-weight-loss-see-his-dramatic-transformation

Portion control
    No bread
    No sugar

He does look amazing. I couldn't go 100% without bread though. And by sugar does that just mean added sugar or does it include sugars that appear naturally in fruit?
  • catm805
    Options
    Amazing indeed. He looks like two entirely different people.!
  • sallyaj
    Options
    his makeup is much nicer too...

Yes, his face is glowing. He lost a lot of weight in the face but he doesn't have jowls.
  • sallyaj
    Options
    Amazing indeed. He looks like two entirely different people.!

He looks younger -- but that often happens when people lose weight.
  • sallyaj
    Options

E-Online reports:

Portion control
    No bread
    No sugar

He does look amazing. I couldn't go 100% without bread though. And by sugar does that just mean added sugar or does it include sugars that appear naturally in fruit?

I know! I'd like more details on the diet.
  • sallyaj
    Options
    i get how everything else could help you to loose weight but why no coffee or tea? i think its funny how he still has 80s makeup

True! Is it the eyebrows?
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    "Portion control. 5 hour gaps between meals. No coffee or tea, except at meals," he tweeted. "Water & fizzy water between meals! No bread, sugar!"

In addition to that, Boy George admits that one of his "secrets" to slimming down is Freer Nutrition, a weight-loss program run by a nutritional therapist.

Unfortunately, many people will only take away the part I added emphasis to.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    "Portion control. 5 hour gaps between meals. No coffee or tea, except at meals," he tweeted. "Water & fizzy water between meals! No bread, sugar!"

In addition to that, Boy George admits that one of his "secrets" to slimming down is Freer Nutrition, a weight-loss program run by a nutritional therapist.

Unfortunately, many people will only take away the part I added emphasis to.

My thought, too.

Good for George doing the work! He's sooo pretty!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of bread and sugar. I must be doing it wrong:grumble:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of bread and sugar. I must be doing it wrong:grumble:

Yeah, that's probably why you're struggling with the definition there, chubster. Get off the bread, lard-boy, and it'll make a real man of you.

*edited to add, just in case the sarcasm meter is broken, this is a joke. Please don't twist off my head and use it as a soccer ball.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I do, except I don't drink coffee or tea.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    The Freer plan is basically a really low carb diet, which is why he says no bread or sugar. You also leave five hours between each meal, which will stop grazing.

Basically sound, but not anything groundbreaking or new. He could have got the advice by buying an Atkins or South Beach Diet book rather than spending a fortune on a "nutritionist".
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Wait, five hours between meals? No freakin way I could manage that. I can't see how that helps with weight loss, either. I do have grazing issues, but waiting five hours between my planned foods would make that problem worse for me.

BUT to each their own.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    be still my heart i still :heart: him. and i wish my bedroom were covered in his posters once again!!!!!
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    i feel like i couldnt survive with out bread!! sugar- maybe bread- no way!
  • Ladycooper8
    Options
    He looks amaizing, i dont no how he got the no bread thing right tho, I cant live without bread, it helps me to stay fuller for longer, especially low gi bread, sugar i dont have to have, i havent had any since i started dieting two months ago, its a long time, but i prefer satisfying my sweet tooth with a apple or something fruity :)
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    He is basically cutting out simple carbs. I cut out bread, sugar, rice and pasta on the advice of my endocrinologist when I was diagnosed with diabetes last June and have lost 79 lbs since then. I eat natural sugars in fruit, but nothing added. Don't understand the 5hours between meals or lack of tea or coffee though... That would do me in!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Wait, five hours between meals? No freakin way I could manage that. I can't see how that helps with weight loss, either. I do have grazing issues, but waiting five hours between my planned foods would make that problem worse for me.

BUT to each their own.

I'm the exact opposite - if I eat frequently then I just never get full. Leaving gaps and waiting until I'm really hungry has helped me cut calories and I feel generally better on it (I frequently skip breakfast now on non-workout days or just have very light breakfast and lunch so I can have a big evening meal - calories in, calories out). I particuarly love to run first thing in the morning on an empty stomach then have a hearty breakfast when I get in (particuarly if it's snowing or raining outside - feel like I've earned it!).

It really does go to show that we are all different (and that MFP is the best tool for everyone as it is not prescriptive in how to eat and exercise).

And to those who are reminiscing about teenage crushes on Boy George - we must be in the same age group as I remember this clearly. Didn't have a crush on George (Roger Taylor from Duran Duran had pride of place on my bedroom walls) but I remember one of my friends embroidering a cushion with his name on for her bedroom. The idea that you could have a boyfriend who could help you do your makeup was such a revelation. We just didn't have a clue, did we?!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!