I have IBS and was wondering if there was..

Options
I have IBS and acid reflux. I get help for it and I also see a dietitian. I have a meal plan set up to help me with idea's of what I can eat monday thur friday. Breakfast, lunch, dinner ect.

Now My Fitness Pal is great, but I was wondering if anyone else is using any other type of app that helps you keep track of your meal plan.?

I'm just looking for different things is all.

And different things to add to my days. Since I can only eat and drink certain things. example almond milk. I can't have regular milk. I had the lactose test done and it came back negative, but they said that didn't mean anything. My doctor said that happens a lot and that there's something else in those types of products that doesn't show up in the test in which bother's me. So they said I'm better off staying away from dairy stuff. Tho I do love CHEESE! :(

Any help would be great!

Thanks. :)

Replies

• ambr33zy
    Options
    Have you been to www.helpforibs.com? The message boards there have tons of info about not only what foods are safe for keeping your tummy stable, but also how to make sure that you're eating the necessary "unsafe" things (like whole grains and veggies) as safely as possible. Plus tips for travel, restaurants, emergencies ... All kinds of useful things.

It can be difficult for us to eat safely and still count calories, since most of the tummy-stable foods tend to be those evil white carbs that we're supposed to avoid like the plague, and they're all high in calories. For my meals and snacks, I try to get a combo of something safe with something "unsafe" - like oatmeal with fruit, a smoothie with banana, or a portion of white rice added to a serving of soup or casserole. I also try to go for things that are generally safe on their own- apples, minus the peel are usually safe, carrots ... my mind is drawing a blank here.

I had to go through quite a bit of trial and error to find a way to eat both safely and healthy, but with planning it's possible to make it all work. If you want to pick my brain anymore, please feel free! Good luck!