yoga and pilates

Options
Hi I am looking at doing yoga or pilates at home can anyone reccommend any good dvds or download thanks heaps

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Try your local library, youtube, and Yoga Journal podcasts - all free. If you have a subscription to Netflix or similar, try some that way. I enjoyed Rodney Yee and Patricia Walden videos.
  • kat3a1
    kat3a1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I love the Mari Windsor Pilates. There are several DVD's to pick from but I like the DVD's using the Exelerator (Weighted bar with resistance bands.) I really see huge results when I stick to it and your getting core training wihich leads to calories being burned even when your sitting down. It's a win win but not easy at first! Feel free to ask any questions. I have a not so great neck and right knee and they also show you how to do the modified version as not to hurt yourself. Theya re also shorter workouts so that you can pick and choose depending on how much time you have LOVE IT! All you need it the Exelerator bar and a mat ..frankly..you could lay on the rug! mari takes the time to show you how to do Pilates correctly. Good luck! Kim
  • leoniemaree
    leoniemaree Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thanks heaps for your suggestions