(SIGH)

Options
mjj79
mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
So, here I am AGAIN. For about the 5th time. After failing on South Beach and WW and "intuitive eating" I'm back. I'm still the same weight I was a year ago (actually, i think i'm about 6 lbs more :(

I've been working out 3 times a week for the past couple of weeks, which i hope will help. My plan is to eat 1250 calories a day, but to have them be "real" calories: fruits, veggies, protein, dairy.

Any hints, suggestions, accountability is welcome.

Also, 1 question: since coming off of intuitive eating, i've found it hard to eat when not hungry. is that ok? what if i can't get in the full 1250 calories?

Thanks!

Replies

• mjj79
    Options
    oops. just realized i posted this in the wrong place. sorry.
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    there is no wrong place to post sweetie.

it'll take a couple weeks, but soon you'll be struggling to eat all those calories.

we are here to support you.
  • mjj79
    Options
    there is no wrong place to post sweetie.

it'll take a couple weeks, but soon you'll be struggling to eat all those calories.

we are here to support you.

THanks! The silly thing is if i'm eating carbs/processed food, I have NO problem eating that many calories, but if i'm trying to eat healthy, real foods, it's hard :/
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic that you're back with it! I swear, starting again is harder than starting in the first place.

What sort of workouts have you been doing?

As far as advice...I have found MFP to be a huge help...seeing all the calories I'm taking in makes me kind of sick some days. Things like McDonald's and pop...I now think twice (or 3 times!) before deciding whether to eat junk food.
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    It is hard at first.....but you'll become more familiar with the right foods and it'll change your eating habits.

Welcome to MFP!
  • hollymires
    hollymires Posts: 117
    Options
    I am starting again as well! I obviously can't do it without the structure and support of this site! :) We are one big happy family struggling with the same issues I guess! haha
  • mjj79
    Options
    That's fantastic that you're back with it! I swear, starting again is harder than starting in the first place.

What sort of workouts have you been doing?

As far as advice...I have found MFP to be a huge help...seeing all the calories I'm taking in makes me kind of sick some days. Things like McDonald's and pop...I now think twice (or 3 times!) before deciding whether to eat junk food.

For workouts I have been either run/walking outside or on the treadmill (usually 2 miles) or doing my 30 day shred video. I have 5 young children so getting in a 30 min workout is about all i have time for right now. I would like to bump it up to 45 eventually. (Maybe when my babies start sleeping through the night :)

Thanks for the encouragement !