I've hit a plateau

mrsw510
mrsw510 Posts: 169
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I started my weight loss journey with a goal of losing 102 lbs. The first 20lbs came off really easily as the whole dieting and excerising came as such a shock to my body. I still have 82 lbs left to lose, am sticking with my eating and excersizing but I have lost anything in over 2 weeks now. I tried taking a few days off because I heard that can rejump start your body but even that hasn't worked,

Any advice on busting through this plateau so I can continue losing weight?

Replies

• tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    I was in your same position about 6 weeks ago. I kept looking for a fix to break the plateau. I ate more, I ate less. I worked out more, I worked out less. I actually got very close to giving up, as 2 weeks, let alone 6 weeks of not loosing is very frustrating. However, I stuck with it, believing that all this working out and eatting healthy is paying off for my heart, and the rest of my body, even if it isn't helping me loose the lbs. This morning I weighed in, and I lost 3 lbs!

The only advice I have is to stick with it and dont give up. Keep tweeking little things, and know...that even if you aren't loosing the lbs, you are still helping yourself to become a healthier person.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Also, remember that muscle weighs more than fat...it is possible that you are losing fat but gaining muscles! And you are healthier, no matter what!
    Keep up the good work!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,277 Member
    I agree to stick with it and not give up! Since you have a lot to lose I'm sure that the first 20 lbs you lost was primarily water weight which comes off pretty easily in the beginning. Maybe consult your doctor to ensure that what you're doing is recommended for your individual body. Maybe you're not consuming enough calories. If that is the case then your body is going into starvation mode and you won't lose weight.
  • jlw02
    jlw02 Posts: 12 Member
    Keep going. I went for 3 weeks without losing anything.
This discussion has been closed.