For the last time...

islandson
islandson Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I lost 60 pounds about 6 years ago and have gained it all back. I've gone up and down dieting for the past 10 years and was very discouraged about the whole process. I tried to do the Lindora program with my wife (then fiancee) in 2006, and starved myself into disillusionment.

I started March 5th to try and weighed in for the first time on the 14th. I was beyond dissapointed when I hadn't lost anything. I cracked down and started drinking all my water the following week but could not seem to get up to work out. When I weighed in this past Friday I finally had lost 2 pounds. The same day I started making doing my cardio and have done it the past 3 days, even getting out and playing football with my son on Saturday when I couldn't make it to the gym.

I'm shooting for 215 and hope this time to stay there.

Islandson

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes" - Publilius Syrus
It is foolish to fear what which you cannot avoid

Replies

• I lost 60 pounds about 6 years ago and have gained it all back. I've gone up and down dieting for the past 10 years and was very discouraged about the whole process. I tried to do the Lindora program with my wife (then fiancee) in 2006, and starved myself into disillusionment.

I started March 5th to try and weighed in for the first time on the 14th. I was beyond dissapointed when I hadn't lost anything. I cracked down and started drinking all my water the following week but could not seem to get up to work out. When I weighed in this past Friday I finally had lost 2 pounds. The same day I started making doing my cardio and have done it the past 3 days, even getting out and playing football with my son on Saturday when I couldn't make it to the gym.

I'm shooting for 215 and hope this time to stay there.

Islandson

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes" - Publilius Syrus
    It is foolish to fear what which you cannot avoid
  • Jayberian
    Jayberian Posts: 60
    Best of luck, stick with it!! I hate stepping on that scale and not seeing any results. My greatest motivation comes from seeing that scale move. Preferably downward! :happy:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Frustration kills people's motivation.
    Just be sure to keep sticking with it, and if you promise that to yourself, you'll see results!

We wish the BEST of luck to you!
    :happy: :happy:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Stay focused. Step by step. Eat healthy and exercise. Eat all your calories!!!
    Remember.....SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!!!!!
    Also remember, everyday you eat healthy and exercise you are improving your over all health.
    I suggest avoiding the scale as much as possible. I know it helped me. Once a month is what I did. I was better that way. You didn't see the ups and downs. I now weight every 3 plus weeks.
    Good luck to you. Stay on track, and if you trip and fall, get up, brush off those knees and get back to on the track.
    :drinker:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Good luck! You can do it. I hate to drink water but I finally started doing it and it really helps!
This discussion has been closed.