Getting my *kitten* kicked :(

Options
13»

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Yup. ...keep going!! I could barely get through 30 Day Shred when I first started and I now can do Ripped in 30 Level 4 the same as the athletes in the video unmodified.

I am doing Insanity currently, finished month one, and I never thought I could ever do this. Just keep at it, you WILL get better trust me.

Thanks Jules :) Dam! I am impressed with your ability....hopefully I will be there one day! I keep hearing about "insanity" interesting name to say the least. Is it another video based work out? Im guessing it is harder than the jillian micheals one?
    Just curious - What event did you run in track?
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I started a Jillian Micheals DVD today and couldn't even get through half of it. Feeling a little discouraged. Have any of you had the same thing happen and if so how do you motivate yourselves to continue?
    have had the same experience, i keep motivated by looking at pictures of things i really, really want called a Dream Board. Same thing happens with other areas of "work" like my side business, my career etc

Love this idea. Had heard about it, now may actually try it.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    When I think I can't possibly go one more minute, I push to get through that next minute. And little by little you will work your way up to doing more than you ever thought possible!

When I started working out back in July, I was doing everything at home. I had a 40 minute long step aerobics DVD that I did 3 days a week and I did bodyweight strength exercises the other three days. I could only complete 20 minutes of the DVD (with at least 3 short breaks to catch my breath), could only do about 4 modified pushups, could plank for something like 10 or 15 seconds....and all that would make me terribly sore.

Within a month or 6 weeks or so, I could knock out 15 modified pushups, plank for 30 seconds, and complete the whole DVD.

Now I can plank for a minute, do 30 modified pushups without stopping and 4 regular pushups (hey, I'm getting there lol) and then another set, can run 4 miles, I do HIIT intervals on the treadmill switching between 5mph and 7.5mph for 20 minutes. I would never have believed last summer I would have come so far.

So DON'T give up and DON'T let yourself be discouraged.
  • ASarioglou
    ASarioglou Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way in the beginning. But I continued so it started getting easier to do the modified versions so I started forcing myself to do the advanced versions of these moves. I started only being able to do a couple at first but I contiued to improve until I could barely keep up. I switched to Insanity shortly after that. I did insanity with some modifications for a week and then I did level 3 Jillian Michaels...it was so easy to do the workout that I was going deeper, harder and faster then she was. :) Keep going even when you don't want to.
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I totally get this. I bought a 30 Day Shred video like three years ago when all of my friends jumped on that bandwagon. I couldn't even finish half of it while they were all laughing about how easy Level One was.

Hence, I put it away for three years and I'm even more out of shape now.

I just finished day four and I'm still having to rest for 30 seconds here and there, but I've seen a bit of improvement already stamina wise!
  • shan056
    Options
    When I think I can't possibly go one more minute, I push to get through that next minute. And little by little you will work your way up to doing more than you ever thought possible!

When I started working out back in July, I was doing everything at home. I had a 40 minute long step aerobics DVD that I did 3 days a week and I did bodyweight strength exercises the other three days. I could only complete 20 minutes of the DVD (with at least 3 short breaks to catch my breath), could only do about 4 modified pushups, could plank for something like 10 or 15 seconds....and all that would make me terribly sore.

Within a month or 6 weeks or so, I could knock out 15 modified pushups, plank for 30 seconds, and complete the whole DVD.

Now I can plank for a minute, do 30 modified pushups without stopping and 4 regular pushups (hey, I'm getting there lol) and then another set, can run 4 miles, I do HIIT intervals on the treadmill switching between 5mph and 7.5mph for 20 minutes. I would never have believed last summer I would have come so far.

So DON'T give up and DON'T let yourself be discouraged.

Wow thats awesome! I think you have touched on something that I need to focus on. Its important to remember those little milestones. Instead of trying to compare myself (or keep up with) the fitness goddess on these dvds I need to compare myself to me, a week ago, a month ago. Thanks for the encouragement:)
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to try HIIT