Anyone ever done a Color Run?

Options
I just signed up for my first 5k, and it's Color Me Rad. Apparently there will be colored cornstarch thrown at me every few minutes?? I can't wait!

Has anyone ever done one?

http://www.colormerad.com/

Replies

• Hopingforchange
    Options
    Yes and its AWESOME!!! There is at least one pic of me during mine. Loved it.
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    doing The Color Run Baltimore and The Color Run DC Fall 2013 <3 so pumped!
  • rcs7058
    Options
    I did the Pittsburgh one this past August. It was so much fun!!
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yes! My entire family did, it was a blast!
  • wswing
    wswing Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I haven't done one as of yet but I plan to do the Color Me Rad Race this summer. I am so excited!!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Did Color Me Rad last September - it was a blast! The color starts flying while you're standing in the starting area, depending on how close you are to people who bought extra color packets. Once the run starts, you go through about 5 different color stations - our had 3 where they threw the colored cornstarch, and 2 where they sprayed us with liquid color. It gets everywhere! The inside of the band of my HRM watch is still pink - I love it. :bigsmile:

Wear white, wear sunglasses (they give you a RAD pair when you pick up your race packet), and protect your phone or camera in a zip lock or something if you want to bring it. Bring towels to wipe yourself down when it's over, and to protect your car seats on the drive home. I saw some people parked near me using a leaf blower to blow the color off of each other - it was awesome! :tongue:

Have a blast - it's a ton of fun.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I did one last spring and am planning on doing it again this year. I had a blast!!
  • aprilkida
    aprilkida Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Did it about 2 weeks ago and loved it! Tons of fun! But just so you know...they aren't so particular about the 5k being a true 5k. Ours ended up being 4.2 miles instead of 3.1 miles...which was cool with me. I was just excited I was able to run over 4 miles! Oh, just a hint, try not to inhale the cornstarch! There were several people coughing from the inhalation.
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My son and fiance ran one this summer and had a lot of fun. I am making that one of my goals in the next year and a half. Hope you enjoy it.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Look at my picture! My daughter and I did it in October in Raleigh NC. It was so much fun! I would do another one tomorrow if I could! It is a great one to do!! I can't wait until next year.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Did it about 2 weeks ago and loved it! Tons of fun! But just so you know...they aren't so particular about the 5k being a true 5k. Ours ended up being 4.2 miles instead of 3.1 miles...which was cool with me. I was just excited I was able to run over 4 miles! Oh, just a hint, try not to inhale the cornstarch! There were several people coughing from the inhalation.
    How funny - ours was actually less than 3 miles! :tongue:
  • golightlygirl
    Options
    I did the Color Run in SF and LOVED it. Everyone is so friendly, the run is a blast and you end up participating in a huge dance party at the end. You'll have a great time!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I did the Color Run earlier this year. So much fun!

Bring a ziplock baggie to put your camera or phone in when you run so they won't get ruined.

Oh and towels or sheets for your car seats. Have fun!
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have Run or Dye 5k June 15...I was telling my teenage daughter about it, and it sounded so good she asked to join me. Not only that, but I asked my bro and his family to take us over and watch (Run or Dye let's you shoot dye at the folks waiting for you, which is why I asked), and now my sister-in-law, her sister, and my niece are all running! It's in a great city (Philly) and I plan on making a day of it.
  • katies71123
    Options
    <----see profile pic! They are so much fun! You forget your "exercising"! =)

Just make sure to bring a towel to sit on so you don't get the color all over your car when you're done!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm doing one at the end of April. I'm pretty excited about it. It looks like a lot of fun.
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    They're SO fun! Enjoy!
  • Shelleben82
    Shelleben82 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    i just registered for my first of many!! taking my 10yr old to the ATL run in april im SOOO excited :bigsmile: