Scale dilemma

♥seoid♥
♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, my scale and my bf's scale are 3 pounds different (his puts my weight 3 pounds HIGHER) than mine. Which leads me to wonder what is my actual weight? Ugh. :grumble:

Replies

• ACCTGQUEEN
    ACCTGQUEEN Posts: 30 Member
    Take a 5lb bag of sugar and check them both to see which is more accurate-- then go by that one.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Get a sack of flour or something of known weight and compare.

Also, there are adjusting wheels/knobs on analog scales. If it's out of calibration, you can adjust the wheel.

One more suggestion, try getting one of the scales that does the body fat % as well since weight isn't a great number to go by.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Take a 5lb bag of sugar and check them both to see which is more accurate-- then go by that one.

What an awesome idea! I have been wondering about the accuracy of my scale too.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes putting something to weigh that you are positive what it weighs, then that will give you a good idea. If you dont have a full bag of flour or rice, then you can just use a regular weights that you probably have if you are doing weight training.

I hope your scale is accurate.:smile

Goodluck:
  • ACCTGQUEEN
    ACCTGQUEEN Posts: 30 Member
    Okay, I have never thought of using weights. I am such a dork! LOL! I've always used a bag of sugar.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    I never thought of testing it with something of a known weight. I just put 2 3-pound weights on my scale and it came up as 6.2 pounds. I'm glad it means I weigh less than it says I do...even if it's just slightly off!
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    In all honesty, it doesn't matter. Your scale is a measure of progress. :) And while we all want to know EXACTLY what we weigh, your weight on a scale is only ever an estimate anyway, even on the most accurate scale. You might weigh XXX now, but at the middle of the day you'll weigh something else, and the end of the day it will be changed again, etc etc etc. I wouldn't worry about it. Just use it to track your progress.
This discussion has been closed.