Too thin??

Options
Im 27 years old have to kids... My youngest is 6 and a 1/2 months
Im 5'7 and right now 128 pounds
My goal is 108. No one believes i need to lose weight
My thighs are big and i have LOVE HANDLES over my pants!
I dont think 108 is to skinny for my frame!!!
HELP please let me know your opinions

Replies

• Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    You need to lose body fat not lose weight big difference. Your to tall to be at 108 to be honest.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Im 27 years old have to kids... My youngest is 6 and a 1/2 months
    Im 5'7 and right now 128 pounds
    My goal is 108. No one believes i need to lose weight
    My thighs are big and i have LOVE HANDLES over my pants!
    I dont think 108 is to skinny for my frame!!!
    HELP please let me know your opinions

Honestly? Strength train. I'm 122-126, size 2-4, and your height. Strong and thin is better than not strong and thin.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Lift weights.

No, you won't "bulk up" and look like a man.
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That would not be attractive. I look too thin at 108 at 5'4" so I don't think at your height it would look good.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    You need to lose body fat not lose weight big difference. Your to tall to be at 108 to be honest.

He's absolutely right. Look at my pics. I'm 5'7" and 135. I look much smaller b/c I have built a lot of muscle....
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    :smile: Honestly you probably need some strength training in your life. A couple years ago I got borderline too thin for me (and I'm 5'7 1/2) and I kept moving my goal weight "five more pounds" because I didn't like my physique. Physiques are changed the most positively through strength training. Good luck to you and remember, keep it healthy
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    108 is too low at 5'7".

Lift weights. Eat food. Add muscle and stay the same weight... ish.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", as well.

When I was in my mid-20's, I was between 120 and 125. I thought that was too much, then, but when I look back at the pix? Ermagerd!

I refer to those as my Skeletor pictures. I looked like I couldn't afford to eat, even though I inhaled everything. Even at 135, I look ed skinny-fat, if you will.

I would concentrate on building muscle (by whatever means you enjoy), and see how that goes.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You do not need to lose 20 pounds, that is far too much of an extreme weight loss for you. Listen to the others that posted. Weighing 108 would result in many health problems and reduced quality of life for you and as a mother to your children.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above. Forget the scales and life weights. Change shape, not weight.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

This times 100 million. Strength train AKA lift heavy and focus on body recomp; those areas will improve without a doubt.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. 108 is too low.
    I sound like a broken record because i keep saying this but, lift weights, lift weights,lift weights! I promise it makes all the difference.
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks everyone ill give weights and toning a try and go from there!
  • mrsgeneric
    Options

This times 100 million. Strength train AKA lift heavy and focus on body recomp; those areas will improve without a doubt.
  • mrsgeneric
    Options
    So just lifting weights will work?!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,796 Member
    Options
    you need to lose fat and gain muscle, not lose weight, im 5'7" and have a small frame, and im 139, my goal is to be 130-135, but my main goal is to lose fat and gain muscle, im 22% body fat, and want to be down to 20% at least. do strength training and that will help you
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Forget losing more weight, you will not only mess up your body but set a very bad example to your children in being underweight.
    You also wont be any happier with your look as it isn't weight that is the issue, but the fact you probably lack muscle. You need to weight train or strength train, eat at maintenance, or slightly below, and go on how you look, not the scale. You could get to 108 and you would still look bigger than a person your height, weight training and weighing 20 pounds more.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    So just lifting weights will work?!

That & eating enough to fuel your workouts.

Check out stronglifts, starting strength, Jamie Eason, new rules of lifting for a routine
  • lindiesl81
    Options
    I am 5'2" and trying to gain weight my goal is 110. 108 is too thin for your height, that would put your BMI too low and you would be considered underweight. I think 128 is a perfect weight for 5'7"! Sounds like you just need to exercise and do more training than just losing weight. Good Luck!
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    I am in a similar situation, although my weight isn't as low. I'm at 138 lbs. and have been for the last 3 months. I've been lifting for about 3-4 weeks. How long will it take to see results. I neglected lifting while I was losing weight.