Protein peanut butter balls SO GOOD. (no bake)

Options
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup of 100% whole wheat oats
1/4 cup of honey
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and roll them into 1″ balls. This recipe made 25 balls. Put them in the fridge for a couple hours to let them chill. Enjoy.

I have made these several times and they are freaking delicious..especially when I'm having a sweet tooth.
The person who made the recipe puts the oats in a magic bullet and blends them up but I have never done that and I still find them to be delicious.

52 calories a ball

source:
http://livelifeactive.com/2011/12/02/peanut-butter-protein-balls-from-above/

Replies

• christia21
    christia21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    yum! thanks for posting!! can't wait to try.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    When I run all that through the recipe thing, that recipe has to make 24 balls for them to be 56 calories each... and each one only has 2g protein :indifferent:

IMHO, for something to be a "protein" snack it should have close to 1g protein for every 10 calories. I'd want to see about 5g protein for 56 calories... and that 56 calories must be the size of a small marble :ohwell:
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of whole wheat oats. Is that like the old-fashioned oats?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    When I run all that through the recipe thing, that recipe has to make 24 balls for them to be 56 calories each... and each one only has 2g protein :indifferent:

IMHO, for something to be a "protein" snack it should have close to 1g protein for every 10 calories. I'd want to see about 5g protein for 56 calories... and that 56 calories must be the size of a small marble :ohwell:

The extra calories would come from the fats in the peanut butter. It's still a lot less than a regular candy peanut butter ball, which are typically the size of a large marble.
  • SheriKCourtney
    Options
    Gotta try these ;o)
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm usually quite good a overhauling a recipie to make it fit what ever is needed. I can't, with this item, increase the protein without greatly increasing the calories. I guess that's why stuff like this doesn't fit into my food repertiore. Snacky snacks are not usually low carb and low cal.
  • tonya1263
    tonya1263 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Been there done that - not so good.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KymShimmins
    Options
    Sound tasty. My kids even think they sound good. Will be making them soon.
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this...Thanks for sharing...
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I'm usually quite good a overhauling a recipie to make it fit what ever is needed. I can't, with this item, increase the protein without greatly increasing the calories. I guess that's why stuff like this doesn't fit into my food repertiore. Snacky snacks are not usually low carb and low cal.

No, you'd have to leave out the peanut butter. But then, it wouldn't be peanut butter balls.
  • imadyer
    imadyer Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options

I got this recipe from the blog that I listed below.
    Also maybe it all depends on the types/brand of ingredients you use?

Either way, to me, they are delicious and satisfying. And better than reaching for a snickers bar.
  • Carmen001
    Options
    You just got me excited, I'm having a hart time putting the Reeses, Kit Kat's, and Butterfingers away. I'm really hoping this helps because I have the worst sweet tooth ever!
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Bump for later thanks (:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    bump, might try these yum
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    :]]
  • jadesign19