Introducing Myself: Tired of being the cute face with the ch

Options
TIRED OF BEING THE CUTE FACE WITH THE CHUBBY WAIST!!!

Hi Everyone!
Thanks for reading this. I'm a 25 year old female who has been diagnosed with PCOS [poly cystic ovarian syndrome]. For those of you that don't know what PCOS is... it basically means I have more than 10 cyst on each of my ovaries. This syndrome messes with my horemones and in return gives me insulin resistance. Insulin reistance means my body doesn't use the glucose that I take in for energy; it stores it as fat. Thankfully I was put on an oral diabetic medication and it has help a little bit. I am not classified as a diabetic yet but have a high chance of becoming one if I don't watch myself!

If I want to be fully successful I should be on a low calorie diabetic diet. Easier said than done!!! I love the carbs. I had once lost 100 lbs but gained most of it back.

If anyone has any good suggestions I'd appreciate it!

Thanks Everyone!

Stacia

Replies

• mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    Welcome

this site is great for watching your calories, I've never been one to count them but it makes it easy since most foods are already in the database.

helpful tips - Find some friends who help to motivate you ;) feel free to add me. I found not doing it alone really helps.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well....Using this site makes me feel more accountable for my eating habits and helps me take control.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Try running a search on the message boards for PCOS (I have seen many people posting about this in the past). I'm sure most of them have a lot of useful advice to offer :smile:

Edit: There might also be a group on here you could join.