Body by Vi

Options
Hey! I am looking into the body by vi shakes to order because I want a challenge. I am curious though, there is only the cake mix flavor right? (This is fabulous but just want to double check)...also, online the price for the shakes is $79 but how much does that include? I'm looking to do two shakes a day, but I don't know how many days this 79 bucks will get me so it'd be good to know. Is there anywhere I am able to order samples before I order the whole thing?

Replies

• sowenby1984
    sowenby1984 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey, I will start off by saying I am not a promoter lol. I did just start the 90 day challenge on body by vi a little over a week ago. So far I have lost 5 pounds! To do 2 shakes a day you will need two bags of the Vi-Shape shake mix, I ordered mine off ebay. My reason for doing so is I did not want to be signed up for the "auto ship" if I didn't like it. There are some people on their selling 5 day sample packs, so that might be something for you to look into. Hope this helps feel free to add me and message me if I can help you with anything else :happy:

Stacy
  • Monkey_2013
    Monkey_2013 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am looking into the body by vi shakes to order because I want a challenge. I am curious though, there is only the cake mix flavor right? (This is fabulous but just want to double check)...also, online the price for the shakes is $79 but how much does that include? I'm looking to do two shakes a day, but I don't know how many days this 79 bucks will get me so it'd be good to know. Is there anywhere I am able to order samples before I order the whole thing?

It doesn't taste like cake mix, Smells like it when you open the bag but the taste is gross imo and the little flavour packs they include with it don't make it any better.

Idk where you are from but if you're in Canada and want to try it, Look on Kijiji there are always some ad's of people selling off their bags because they don't stick with it. I got a bag to try for 20 bucks on there and it's just been sitting in the cupboard for the last month after 3 shakes being made.
    Each bag makes 30 shakes so each month you'd need 2.
    So for the 3 month challenge you're looking at $420 plus shipping costs, plus the costs of milk for each shake, your snacks plus buying food for your 1 meal a day.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    My daughter in law sells it and it's gross. She wanted me to try it so I could endorse it for her. I normally eat 170 calories for breakfast, made the shake, tasted alright with a chocolate flavor packet added but 2 hours later I was so hungry I could have eaten my arm. Using the packet (110 calories), the flavor (10 calories) and 2 cups of almond milk (120 calories) put me way over my usual breakfast and didn't keep me feeling satiated for near as long as my 2 eggs and a yogurt. Totally not worth the money.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    They keep contacting me trying to sell it and the info they give is junk. Avoid it IMO.
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I drink a daily shake, but not that one. I did a lot of research first, and did not like the BBV at all. You would honestly be better off buying a good quality protein and make your own shake every day!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You'd be better off to eat whole foods.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    You would honestly be better off buying a good quality protein and make your own shake every day!
    yup... annnnd...
    also, yup.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Run away
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    There are many protein powders available that are much better quality than those....Lots of fillers & sugar in them. Commercial Hype!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

There are lots of great ways to challenge yourself without spending a lot of money on over priced meal replacements.
  • steph14368
    Options
    I was thinking about signing up... Found these Im sticking with my creatine protein shakes with fresh fruit.

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/

http://supplement-geek.com/vi-slim-review-ingredients-side-effects/
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    You want the challenge of drinking over priced shakes which will help you in no way achieve your goals!?
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    You want the challenge of drinking over priced shakes which will help you in no way achieve your goals!?

This, plus what some others have said. Good luck OP
  • rcchoate5507
    Options
    I personally like the flavor of the mix. It is better than other things I have tried. I put mine into a smoothie with skim milk, low fat yogurt, and frozen berries. I haven't been able to be consistent with using it every day and I am only use 1 scoop instead of 2 it says to use per serving. I was wanting to try it but make it stretch since it is expensive. I bought mine off of Amazon. So the results I have seen for myself are hard to tell if it is from that or just the overall watching what I eat and increased working out. But I do have a female friend who uses them and has stuck with the 2 shake a day challenge and has dropped over 40 pounds using them. So if you have the money and ability to use it daily then I would recommend it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    I would much rather have actual food than a shake. I feel full and happy. There's a lot to be said for chewing, swallowing, digesting and eliminating.

In my opinion shakes should only be used as a supplement to a healthy balanced diet full of whole foods. If you want to use it as a supplement - or a snack, that's one thing. But substituting real food with a shake....don't do it.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    If you really want to drink a shake for a meal, you're better off making your own. It's much cheaper, and probably more delicious.

BBV is a joke and a waste of money in my opinion.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You would honestly be better off buying a good quality protein and make your own shake every day!
    yup... annnnd...
    also, yup.

What they said! Carnivore is a good beef protein. I love it!!! Only tried the chocolate.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I tried a bag of the VI protein powder last year. The only thing I didn't like about the VI Shakes was that they don't blend well in the blender with ice. The protein powder clumps up so I went back to buying Biopure.
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    They will automatically withdraw money out of your account every month. It was over $200 a month. It made my stomach ache. My husband liked it, I did not. I wish I had the money I spent on that stuff.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    yup... annnnd...
    also, yup.

I agree with this ^^.I never tried body by vi but I did isagenix which is similar. I enjoy real food. I did buy a organic ancient grains protein power for an occasion. It also tastes yucky but at least its sweetened with stevia, organic, vegan, dairy, and gmo free.