Overthinkers Anonymous

Options
13»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    ..and then someone invented internet forums. We can overthink the crap outta stuff on here. Well, on any internet forum.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I used to overthink stuff because of anxiety but I started taking pills and . . . what was I saying? Ooh let's go lift weights!

What kind of pills? are they OTC? What are the side effects? Will it kill me? Will people think less of me if I go on them? What will I do if they do? How will I know?

Do I need to log the calories of these pills? Are there a lot of calories in them? Is there a nutritional content disclosure on the bottle?

Do they have pregnant horse pee in them? Will they make me bulky? I don't wanna look like Taunto (aka Hulk). Will I be forced to to change my diet to accommodate these into my life?

Do they help?

ETA: why can't I post without typos? Am I defective? I do QA for a living, but can't catch typos? Will I get fired? OMG I'm on here way too much, that may make me get fired, do they know? Am I being watched?

SSRI; RX; Myriad; No; Yes; Ignore them; You can tell.

No; No; No; Potentially.

Yes.

Speed. No. True. No! Yes. Yes.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend like to use the "red pill, blue pill" joke on me a lot... Because I can fashion the oddest, craziest outcomes from simplest questions...

He once asked me what goes on inside this head of mine.... Over an hour later (I wasn't finished)... He never asked again.

To get through it, I immediately try and think of something else. That's about it.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I blame technology - ever since I got an electron microscope I've been able to spilt hairs into even finer segments.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I used to overthink stuff because of anxiety but I started taking pills and . . . what was I saying? Ooh let's go lift weights!

What kind of pills? are they OTC? What are the side effects? Will it kill me? Will people think less of me if I go on them? What will I do if they do? How will I know?

Do I need to log the calories of these pills? Are there a lot of calories in them? Is there a nutritional content disclosure on the bottle?

Do they have pregnant horse pee in them? Will they make me bulky? I don't wanna look like Taunto (aka Hulk). Will I be forced to to change my diet to accommodate these into my life?

Do they help?

ETA: why can't I post without typos? Am I defective? I do QA for a living, but can't catch typos? Will I get fired? OMG I'm on here way too much, that may make me get fired, do they know? Am I being watched?

No; No; No; Potentially.

Yes.

Ok... bub... I totally mapped out every one of your responses to my questions, and you have me so confused!!! I have like twenty questions, and you only gave me 18 answers. Which ones apply to which?

Oh I quit already.

*head desk*
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Definitely an over thinker!

Trying to stop over thinking so much these days now, life has been a lot less stressful. :)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Do they help?

No; No; No; Potentially.

Yes.

Ok... bub... I totally mapped out every one of your responses to my questions, and you have me so confused!!! I have like twenty questions, and you only gave me 18 answers. Which ones apply to which?

Oh I quit already.

*head desk*

ok... I can't stop thinking about this! I need clarification. When are you going to reply? I keep hitting refresh and no answer. If I had your number I would text you a million times begging you for information. Then I might call and leave a bunch of voicemails... I am two steps away from writing on your wall...
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Oh I quit already.

*head desk*

ok... I can't stop thinking about this! I need clarification. When are you going to reply? I keep hitting refresh and no answer. If I had your number I would text you a million times begging you for information. Then I might call and leave a bunch of voicemails... I am two steps away from writing on your wall...

Sorry - I missed a few questions. All of the answer are correct, though, when paired with the appropriate question. I'm sure it'll all come together if you just stare at it long enough.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I'm an engineer married to an engineer. I thought that over-analyzing things was part of my job description and why I became an engineer. I also tend to follow the methodical thinker line of thought (no pun intended)

As for dealing with it, I read, dance around like an idiot, arts/crafts projects. Basically anything that forces me to focus on something else. When I get overwhelmed by the amount that has piled up in my brain, I start wrtting it down. I don't worry if it spelled properly, legible, proper grammar just basically a brain dump that I can then destroy. I tend to feel better after that. I'm also a list-maker.
  • northfresh
    Options
    I'm an engineer married to an engineer. I thought that over-analyzing things was part of my job description and why I became an engineer. I also tend to follow the methodical thinker line of thought (no pun intended)

As for dealing with it, I read, dance around like an idiot, arts/crafts projects. Basically anything that forces me to focus on something else. When I get overwhelmed by the amount that has piled up in my brain, I start wrtting it down. I don't worry if it spelled properly, legible, proper grammar just basically a brain dump that I can then destroy. I tend to feel better after that. I'm also a list-maker.

I feel like creative outlets are always good. Pretty much ever engineer I know describes themselves this way lol.
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    All. The. Time!

My personal Rx: running, yoga, meditating, reading a funny book, writing (lists, journaling, random thoughts, whatever), arts&crafts, hot bubble bath to clear head, and wine.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I am totally an over thinker , I try to keep myself busy to avoid it. When I am stuck on something in particular I will try reading, watching tv, or call a friend to get my mind off of it.