New to this site

Options
Hello Everyone!
I am new to this Website. I needed somehow to keep track of what I eat and my exercising habits. I started the 1st of the Year going to the gym with a couple of friends, and when it is nice out, we walk. I got re-married last April and I was doing ok, but I knew that I needed to watch what I ate and exercise. My husband and I was riding bikes and really doing pretty good. I love the taste of food and I love Pizza! When I remarried, my teenagers decided to live with their older sister to stay in their school, so I lived apart from my teens and it was really hard. I only did that for a couple of months and I ended up moving back into my old house and now my husband and I have separate homes to take care of and only get to see each other on the weekends. It is really hard and I know that when I am stressed and depressed I eat. So, I went to the Doctor and weighed in and was shocked. I knew that i had gained weight, but I hadn't weighed 201 lbs since I had my youngest child who is now 15 1/2! So, I decided to do something about it. So, then comes the Gym. I have been pretty good at going to the gym since then, we were going about 4 nights a week. It is a College Rec. Center, so we have alot of young kids out there too. I don't know if they like seeing us old women out there, but they are really pretty nice to us. So, I have lost 9 lbs and when it is nice, we walk outside. My downfall is trying to eat the right things and my Diet Pop in the morning. I have gotten down to only drinking a 44 oz Diet Mt. Dew a day and then I drink water. I hope I can help everyone out on here, but I would love to have the support! Thanks everyone!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy the site!:flowerforyou:
  • vjade
    vjade Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi, I'm pretty new as well. I've been on it mainly to track my calorie,carb count but now, I'm a bit more serious. I want to lose over a hundred pounds. ( That seems like so much) but, feel free to message me and I will do the same. It helps when you have other people supporting your goals.
  • all4tjs
    all4tjs Posts: 51
    Options
    Welcome! This site is really supportive. You'll love it.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Welcome! This site is awesome, so much support no matter who you are or where you come from! Good for you, and good luck!
  • vjade
    vjade Posts: 27
    Options
    I've been tracking my food intake but not much else. I'm ready to get serious. I'm on Day 3 of the Atkins Induction phase and so far it's going well. I'm a mom of three beautiful boys who keep me busy most of the time. My goal is to lose a little over 100 pounds but if I could just lose fifty I would be very happy. I could use any extra encouragement because the rest of my household my boys and husband are all tall, athletic types and I'm the only one who struggles with weight issues and they don't really understand how emotionally and physically draining it is. Please send me a message or two and I'll do the same, especially if you have similar goals or are on the same plan that I'm on.
  • stickybun
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm a newbie. My friend at work told me about this site. We both signed up. :flowerforyou:
  • annebucks81
    Options
    Hey Thanks to All! I understand how it is hard. Let me know I will be on here. I am tracking my food. I have a lot of work to do. I would like to loose about 65-70 lbs. I feel that would be better. I don't want to have to take any meds, and there is Diabetics in my family. I hope we can help each other out!
    Thanks!:smile:
  • ailysp
    ailysp Posts: 69
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck, you will find the support you need and the motivation...
  • littlecompton
    Options
    Hi. I am new to this site as of right now. A bit nervous about it - hoping I didn't just log on to some scam or something! It looks pretty legitimate, and the messages all seem very supportive. Which is what I really need - support. I know I'm fat and I know what I need to do about it, but putting those words into action is the hard part.

So, I am hoping and praying to make this day a new and beautiful one in the journey to lose 117 lbs. Life is good and I want to live it to the fullest! Oh, and buy cute clothes in regular stores...