Gallbladder surgery

Options
Hey Everyone!

A couple years ago I had to have my gallbladder removed. Since then I noticed a difference in what I can eat and not eat. I try to eat as clean and healthy as possible because if I do eat poorly I pay. I get sharp pains in my side and feel very sick. Anyways since then I feel like it has been more difficult to lose weight. I haven't gained weight but I have just maintained. I eat really well for the most part and workout 4-6 days a week. I am super motivated and committed to my health.

Just curious if anyone has had similar issues or any advice? Anyone feel free to add me!! I am new to MFP community would love motivating friends!

Replies

• Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    :(( i know post chole eating must be tough, did you have a hypoactive gallbladder or something?

Feel free to add - welcome!
  • jenniferlynn2477
    jenniferlynn2477 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder removed a couple of years ago. I know that at the time I'd heard people going on medicine after the surgery and that would cause some weight gain. I have to admit that I've been lucky with the fact that I've not had many problems, then again I have for years before that and still since avoid certain things - anything greasy I don't eat, I have to eat lean meat because the fat in it is terrible on me. I eat a lot more vegetables now than I ever had and I'm assuming that is a good thing. I also avoid a lot of dairy too, then again I've done this for a long time so I don't know if that is why I don't have the issues, but good luck with yourself.
  • beanerific518
    Options
    I had my gallbladder removed about 12 years ago. Two years ago I began my transformation of losing 100 pounds and have been maintaining for 9 months now. I have to be careful about really high fat / greasy foods like chorizo or deep dish pizza - i get pains similar to what you describe. Of course I rarely eat those foods now. I do eat healthy fats, but avacados and nuts in 100 cal serving sizes spread out during the day don't bother me at all. Your gallbladder being removed shouldn't be causing you to not lose weight. Feel free to add me!