Losing weight by eating dirty

Options
jonnythan
jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
Does this describe anyone else? Today, I had a microwave breakfast sandwich with a scoop of protein powder; for lunch, a bowl of chili and a Fiber One bar; for a snack, a McChicken and another scoop of protein; for dinner, a few tacos from Taco Bell. Hit all my calorie goals. Drank a ton of diet soda, and a ton of water while playing racquetball. Today was especially bad; I normally get more veggies and whatnot, but I am busy from 7 am to 9 PM on Thursdays so it's pretty hard to fit things in.

So who else eats bad, dirty food and still hits their macros and does OK?

Replies

• LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Me. I'm not even sure what all this macro/micro stuff is. I just focus on calories right now. I'd like to eat more clean but I haven't as of late.
  • smiling_sushi
    smiling_sushi Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have days like that too. IIFYM eating keeps me sane. I tend to eat decently a good chunk of the time, but sometimes I really want a BBQ pork mac and cheese from Noodles & Co. Mmm. Or something else equally "dirty." Even so, I generally do really well with meeting my macros in the end. Some days my sodium ends up being a bit higher than I like, but I'm healthy and drink nothing but water and tea, so I try not to stress too much.
  • willieswenson
    Options
    Works great so far for me, keep my carbs on the lower end, but have sweet tarts, gobstoppers etc...usually most post workout and get my fats in from ground beef/ fatty steak. Shredded about 5 lbs with strength staying the same past month
  • Renee81170
    Renee81170 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My food diary is always crazy. I started in November and have lost 25lbs. I'm a junk food junkie.. but I do try to have good days.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I eat "dirty." So far so good but there is always room for improvement. It's hard enough for me to stay within my calories, never mind fretting over eating clean. Most meals are homemade but my snacks are full of impossible to pronounce ingredients.
  • Kelley_Marie
    Options
    I definitely have my bad days where I eat nothing but garbage, but I always try to keep within my calorie limits... I seem to be doing alright with it so far.

Honestly, I think that a few days of eating dirty in a month actually keep me on track because I always work out harder than usual the next day :) Anyone can add me if you feel like it!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm not maybe quite as bad because I'm a stay at home mom... so I make just about everything, but I do eat crackers and microwave popcorn, candy, wine, and the occasional fast food etc. I'm not looking to be a fitness model so I'm not too worried about it.
  • gkozub
    gkozub Posts: 22
    Options
    Oh my gosh.......

*face palm*
  • BlueEyes2000
    BlueEyes2000 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My normal is to eat easy foods vs cooking clean and healthy. I would love to eat the menu you have described. However, it just triggers cravings that test my willpower beyond my will!! So for me, 4 months of eating clean, soda free, has netted 25 lb loss. The superbowl festivities triggered lots of cravings, took a week to reign it back in. Glad it works for you, I'm a junk food lover and love to cook high carb meals - but I cannot without gaining 100 lbs (took me 15 years to do that, so I guess it will take me 15 years to get it back off!). Stay within your calories and you should be fine.
  • willieswenson
    Options
    Oh my gosh.......

*face palm*

What do you mean?