What do you do when you're STILL hungry!??

Options
13»

Replies

• FoundProdigal
    FoundProdigal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein? Protein is what helps keep you feeling full....it's were I struggle the most.
  • befit64
    Options
    I find when I keep craving carbs at night, that the way to stop the cycle is to have some protein instead. A slice of cheese, an egg or even a glass of milk. Although this does incease your fat and calories a bit, it's better than falling off the cliff and eating a bag of chips or cookies.
  • sum1serin
    sum1serin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I also have little post it notes outside and inside my fridge that say "Are you hungry or bored" and a big ole list of 'what to do instead of snacking' ideas posted to the fridge. :)

Wanna share that list?
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I find if I have a class of milk at night , I sleep better. So even if it sends me over , it's about 92 calories for a big glass. I crave carbs at night if I don't eat enough with dinner. I do work afternoon shift though.
  • meaningful99
    Options
    Brush and floss your teeth. Then you won't want to mess up that clean feeling.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I just looked at your food diary and it's full of bread, pasta, and processed foods.......try some different planning for the future.......lean protein and lots of vegetables and ditch the bread and pasta......you'll have more food to eat for fewer calories and the carb cravings will lessen.......also add some serious exercise to your day so you can eat more than a minimum number of calories.
  • Boringdoug
    Boringdoug Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just feel sorry for myself. I like to suffer.
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I failed at dieting for 30 years because I was hungry. Why? Because my diet comprised bread, pasta, fruit and juice.

Give yourself a fighting chance!!!!

Give them up!!!!

Since going strictly low carb, no junk foods etc I find that after eating my main meal at about 4pm I am not hungry again until the following lunchtime!

I can't believe it myself.

In the meantime, eat a hard boiled egg slowly while drinking a pint of water. That kills my hunger for hours.
  • amsthegreat
    amsthegreat Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Techniques for fighting hunger:

1. Drink lots of water
    2. Snack on fruits and veggies
    3. Drink some hot tea with a splash of skim milk
    4. A spoonful of peanut butter goes a LOOOONG way
    5. Chew gum
    6. If you are really hungry, then eat. No harm, no foul.