Any success stories from India??

Options
Hi, I really appreciate all the hard work and success people are getting here. Just curious to know if there are any success stories from India?? Please post your pics too..

Replies

• rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hello there!! I have to loose about 20 lbs to reach my goal weight! That's about eight to ten kilos :) my weight loss is slow but I lost five kilos in about a little more than two weeks! You can add me ! :) I am always in need of more Indian friends who can help me with Indian recipes :)
  • Shalini_15
    Shalini_15 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thats really good!! All the best.. Any more success stories??
  • JasAbyG
    JasAbyG Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm 1 and a half months into my fitness journey and have lost 9 pounds/4 kgs.
    I use fitness blender videos and walk up stairs.....don't go to the gym
    and eat mostly an indian diet.

Would love to have some Indian friends
  • quillsHP
    quillsHP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey I am from India! I have been on the site since July 2012 but I started getting serious only in September. I started at 104 kilos and I am fluctuating between 93-95 kilos now. My weight loss is extremely slow but at least it is going in the right direction. Do add me...would love to have Indian friends :)
  • leankaybee
    leankaybee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hhi you can add me too , as am also on a weightloss journey ... we all can do it together . I have lost only 2 kgs till now . Been doing 30 day shred
  • Shalini_15
    Options
    Awesome people!! Keep more coming!!!
  • JasAbyG
    JasAbyG Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeh with one of the highest pop. in the world I would think there would be more replies right??? :p
  • ranganayakee
    ranganayakee Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am not exactly residing in India, but my roots can be traced to India. Don't think I am ready yet to be posting in the success forum yet, but feel free to add me in the journey to shed the excess pounds!
  • Shalini_15
    Options
    Common people even a small success is a success.. Please actively post your successes and inspire others :)
  • Neha313
    Options
    Hi all! I am from India..I joined recently and wud really appreciate more friends from the country to share recipes and exercise patterns. so feel free to add me. I have logged in for 5 days nonstop now and have 25 kgs to lose.
  • Shalini_15
    Options
    Hi all! I am from India..I joined recently and wud really appreciate more friends from the country to share recipes and exercise patterns. so feel free to add me. I have logged in for 5 days nonstop now and have 25 kgs to lose.

Welcome :) Lets do it together.. Keep it going..
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I hear that they successfully have the largest population of people in the world now
  • Shalini_15
    Options
    I hear that they successfully have the largest population of people in the world now

True.. China is supposed to be most populated country in the world, but looks like India is gonna overtake that one..
  • namratabharati
    Options
    Hi
    hey all lovely people...i am also from india ..i have just started my weight loss journey..still have to update my profile pic...being overweight all my life ths time i have decided to get into shape for once nd all..for start i am doing morning walk for half n hour in morning and evening..sweets are my weakness so i m realii trying hard to control mi sweet tooth..anyone plz share good diet plans plz...still working on that..
  • Shalini_15
    Options
    Welcome Namrata.. All the best :)
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    A work in progress over here! Been logging for straight 200 days,lost 80 lbs so far on mfp and 50 more to go to get to my goal physique.I should be there by the end of this year probably which is when i'll post my story :)
    Good luck guys!
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I don't yet have a success story, but hope to have one by continuing here and getting inspired by the numerous success stories. I have started logging for about 25 days now and already see progress.

Good luck to all my fellow Indian MFPals.
  • Shalini_15
    Options
    A work in progress over here! Been logging for straight 200 days,lost 80 lbs so far on mfp and 50 more to go to get to my goal physique.I should be there by the end of this year probably which is when i'll post my story :)
    Good luck guys!

Awesome man!!! how could you do it?? Plz share your workout n diet details..
  • dhanisk
    Options
    Hello there!! I have to loose about 20 lbs to reach my goal weight! That's about eight to ten kilos :) my weight loss is slow but I lost five kilos in about a little more than two weeks! You can add me ! :) I am always in need of more Indian friends who can help me with Indian recipes :)

Five kilos in 2 weeks is not a slow weight loss. It may even be a too rapid weight loss rate. MFP recommends 1 pound a week -which is little less than 1 kg every 2 weeks.

In any event, you have done a lot better than most people. Great job.:smile:
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Good luck guys!

Awesome man!!! how could you do it?? Plz share your workout n diet details..
    1) Find a weight training program like starting strength/ stronglfts and do it 3-4 times a week with progressive loading
    2) Eat at 20-30 % deficit from your TDEE(search tdee on mfp if you dont know what it is)
    3) Do not do excessive cardio(30-40 mins 3-4 times a week at moderate intensity)
    4) Log in daily here and get motivated
    5) Keep surprising your system with a new workout,different diet every 3-4 months
    6)Eat lots of proteins!! around 1 g of protein per pound of LBM(lean body mass)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!