Baby's first birthday right around the corner

Options
Hi, I joined this site about two months ago and was doing pretty well. I lost about in five pounds and then life happened. I got sick, my kids got sick, we went on vacation, the list can go on an on...pretty much excuses for not sticking to the program. Anyway, I have some pretty lofty goals, I'd like to lose about 60 pounds, but in the short term, I'd like to lose 10 pounds for my daughter's first birthday at the end of May. At the very least I can then say that I have lost all the baby weight from that pregnancy! Any tips, tricks or helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day!

Replies

• foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think it is great that you are seeing the goal in smaller portions, 10 pounds instead of 60 is easier on the mind for me.

My advice is just to be accountable for every bit of food you put in your mouth. Log it in along with your exercise. I have found that just by knowing I have to log it in, I eat much less because there is no hiding the truth!

If you happen to have a not so good day with the eating, don't beat yourself up! Just continue on tomorrow with better choices in mind. Be active (I'm sure the kids keep you that way!) and make small changes that all add up to big ones, you know, like taking the stairs not the elevator, leaving the butter or mayo off that sandwich, leaving 2 bites left on your plate each meal, hanging the clothes on the line instead of using the dryer. Even one calorie burned is success!

You can do it! We are all here to support you!
    Kenzie
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I eat A LOT of fruits and vegetables!! No snacks except popcorn and chew gum to keep my mouth busy. I give myself a star for each day of following my new healthy eating lifestyle. Once I reach 20 "stars", I reward myself - and no, not food (not anymore anyway). I ask myself, "how bad do I want this"? If I eat something I shouldn't, then I tell myself, "Obviously, not bad enough"! I have a friend who is a trainer and she looks great - what's her secret? Shes eats REALLY healthy and exercises EVERY day. Her HEALTH is a priority as it should be all of ours as well. Hope this helps.