at home workout dvd's

Options
At Home Workout DVDs.....going to try to order at least 1 this weekend. Havent heard about many aside from Jillian Michaels. What are some of your favorites?

Replies

• missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I like the 10 minute solution range, which can easily be bought from Amazon. I also like Trish Stratus Stratusfaction yoga, which is a mixture of yoga and aerobics.
  • DoctorKatey
    Options
    I really like the old Tracy Anderson videos (NOT Metamorphosis). I also think if you have a Wii or something similar and get yourself the Zumba 2 and Zumba Core games, you're set.
  • Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone - Walking Dvd's... well it says walking but you do get a good workout. - I too like the quick 10 mins or so ones, less time to lose interest and you can change up your routine. :happy:
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA! ive had a few but definitely prefer the target zones one the most
    And they come in DVD and game form, ive only ever tried the DVD form tho
  • katkrak
    Options
    Jackie Warner :)
  • Nuccia2012
    Nuccia2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds series is awesome! It's a low intensity aerobic workout, but she incorporates strength/resistance training into many of the walks.
  • Lesintouchables
    Options
    In case you own an xbox, wii, or ps3 - get EA Active 2! Its not expensive anymore and comes with bluetooth body sensors. Great stuff if you ask me. :)

Other than that, I simply love the DVDs that the SHAPE mag includes. They have a shop too - everything from Zumba for Power Yoga!
  • ClaireShepster
    ClaireShepster Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo is by far my favourite
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Are you a beginner? What is your fitness level? I started with Jillian 30 Day Shred and it was very difficult at first. If you have knee problems this may not be for you, it is rather high impact. I also like Leslie Sansone, it is more low impact, but you can make it more difficult as your fitness increases.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone for Walking
    Ellen Barrett for ballet style workouts- really good for improving flexibility
    Jillian Michaels for circuit training
    Biggest Loser Videos for introducing a variety of different workouts
    Zumba if you have coordinated feet (I do not)
    Gin Miller for step
    Chris Freytag for her ten pound slimdown extreme- great variety, circuits and intro to kickboxing
    I have tried P90x and Insanity but am not fit enough for those yet- I think yo u need to be fit or nearly fit before trying those and certainly without injury
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I have used P90X, Insanity, Insanity Asylum, and Body Beast. They are good. All Beachbody products. I believe some people like Jillian's DVD's as well. I can only testify for Beachbody. They are good.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Beach Babe DVD by Tone It Up :)
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Are you a beginner? What is your fitness level? I started with Jillian 30 Day Shred and it was very difficult at first. If you have knee problems this may not be for you, it is rather high impact. I also like Leslie Sansone, it is more low impact, but you can make it more difficult as your fitness increases.

just looking at our posts near one another and it looks like we are sharing a cat :-)
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds...and this may sound completely silly BUT Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies are for sure a workout. When I worked at a day center for people with special needs, we did this each day with a woman there....It really gets you sweating!
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am doing the biggest loser boot camp right now and like that. 30 Day shred is good and really pushes you to the limit, I love Tae Bo videos! and the EA Active 2 is good for a game form, like some one had said.
  • cassiegal724
    cassiegal724 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is super awesome, highly recommend. Some others I really enjoy are Body by Bethenny and Skinnygirl Workout (both yoga) and Kristen McGee Weight Loss Pilates. I also like Tracey Mallett. Have fun!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    At Home Workout DVDs.....going to try to order at least 1 this weekend. Havent heard about many aside from Jillian Michaels. What are some of your favorites?

What are your goals and what equipment do you own? I feel that before anyone can make suitable recommendations to home workout videos, we should know the following things:

1. How much workout space do you have in the room do you plan on working out in?

2. What is your current fitness level?

3. What are your goals?

4. What equipment do you own, and, are willing to purchase?

5. Do you have any health problems that prevent you from being able to do certain types of movements?

6. Are you looking for individual workouts to squeeze into your schedule, or scheduled regimens that tell you what workout to do on what day in order to maximize results?

I feel that anyone who simply throws out recommendations without knowing the answers to these questions is probably not helping very much as these can greatly affect the proper choice for you.
  • LngHrDntCr13
    LngHrDntCr13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Beachbody programs. Right now I'm doing Chalean Extreme & Turbo Fire. I also still love all the old Turbo Jam dvds. I plan to do p90x in the near future. In addition to those I love dance games w/ the Wii & PS3, especially Zumba 1 & 2 and Michael Jackson The Experience. Huge calorie burners and fun at the same time! Just my 2 cents :)
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    In case you own an xbox, wii, or ps3 - get EA Active 2! Its not expensive anymore and comes with bluetooth body sensors. Great stuff if you ask me. :)

Other than that, I simply love the DVDs that the SHAPE mag includes. They have a shop too - everything from Zumba for Power Yoga!

Hi,
    I've tried to find SHAPE magazine, I "borrowed" one from a Drs surgery ages ago. None of our supermarkets do them here.
    Where do you get yours? Thanks :smile:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I'm a Jillian girl, but the BeFit channel on youtube has a lot of full-length workouts (from DVDs) and clips of some, so you can try out the clips before you buy if you want.