Office etiquette: Coffee

Options
124»

Replies

• amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    My office is at my house and my employees don't get coffee here ( with the rare exception) so its all me all the time. I finally got a Keurig. I drink a lot of coffee s
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    we have keurig machines at work. so that isnt an issue. but I am sick of going to make coffee and the person before me left their k cup in their with no water left in the tank. Especially when I am the first person there in the AM. So someone made a cup late yesterday afternoon and left it bone dry with their cup in it. lazy....
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    We use Keurig.

Brewing coffee - what's that?
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I don't even use the last little drips at my own house. If there's not enough for a full cup, it goes down the drain or I drink enough to add the remaining coffee to my own cup and brew another.
  • Kowent
    Kowent Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    THIS is exactly why I bring my own in. And use instant the rest of the day. Just need hot water from the water filter.
    Now who wants to talk about the microwave? Does anybody in your office know how to cover your food???? Don't even get me started. It's disgusting!:grumble:
  • aksmitty1981
    aksmitty1981 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a coffee maker on my desk so that I can brew when I want, it works out pefectly for me.
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    We got rid of that problem by getting a Keurig and everyone makes their own if the big coffe pot is empty. Works out great because I never use to drink from the big coffe pot since it was to weak.
  • trailtripper
    Options
    My office is away from the communal cubical area. I have unique solutions to solving problems like dirty microwaves, nasty refrigerators and burnt coffee pots.
    Let it get out of hand and they are removed from the break area (appliances I mean not my employees). Our organization has a policy about appliances outside of break areas.
    Problem solved.
    If they want coffee then, they can go to the employee cafeteria.
    I allow them back when plans are in place to ensure it does not get out of hand and it becomes part of the new employee in-brief.