Food Addict From Chicago! (100lb+ Club)

Options
Hello Everyone!

I just joined this week, and so far I'm loving this website! I need all the motivation and support I can get, as I am trying to lose 130-140lbs and it seems like it will take an eternity to get there!

I have now hit my all time highest weight...280lbs. It's horrifying, and I hate myself for letting myself go. I've been dieting unsuccessfully for years, I give in to temptation and just ignore the little alarms that go off in my head that say "DONT EAT THAT". I know better, I've tried and tested so many diets, worked out with personal trainers etc, and I've lost a lot of weight before, but then I would stop and gain everything plus some- I know pizza and fried foods aren't healthy but I would still indulge in them anyway. 3 years ago, I weighed 200lbs. When I got married a year ago, I weighed 225lbs, it sickened me when I stepped on my new scale recently and weight myself...280! I cried in disbelief, I knew I gained weight since I got married, but 55lbs?! I can't live like this anymore. Im young and without children, I have no excuse to do something about my depression, self-esteem and confidence issues. I need to take care of me and actually stick with it. I always lose some weight, hit a plateau, and give up.

I would greatly appreciate any tips, motivation, and to hear your story. Thank you.

Marisol

Replies

• lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    Keep coming back here...log your calories every day and get involved in the community. I highly recommend you go to the "Success Stories" board. There are several people there who have lost 100+ lbs. here and have posted before & after pictures. Very inspiring!! It CAN be done! Just do it the right way so that it stays off.

I also recommend you read the "sticky" posts at the top of "General Diet and Weight Loss Help". A lot of really great information there. Educate yourself.

I wish you the very best in your journey. It will be hard, very hard at times, but remember...it is a journey and your long-term health is worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • Granny2b
    Granny2b Posts: 91
    Options
    Hay there,

Im sorry to see that you feel so down about your weight. I have about 98 pounds to lose not far off what you need to lose. I am trying to see this as a change of lifestyle.....rather that a diet.!!! I HATE THAT WORD LOL.:laugh:
    I also suffer depression and low self esteme, but i am trying to work through it. Do mini goals say 5 pound target and then treat yourself to something nice.
    You have lost weigh before so you can do it again! You dont have to be 100% good all the time a wee sweet treat is fine and it will save you from straying.
    I just started MFP 2 days ago and i really like this site. It is helping me to log all my food in so i dont overeat, and everyone is really friendly on here too.
    Add me as a friend if you want and mayby we could encourage each other.

Pamela xxx
  • jarkasangel
    Options
    welcome-neon-blue-ag1.gif you have come to the right place, so many lovely and helpful people, feel free to add me for some motivation and visa versa :flowerforyou:
  • ChavezCurse
    Options
    Thank you ladies! Have really appreciated your input!