suggestions to go with mexican crock pot chicken

Options
I am making a crock pot recipe i found on here tonight. Not sure what it is called but it is

Chicken breast
salsa
taco seasoning
cream of mush soup

Anyways i am not sure what to have with this. It looks like it will be a little soupy, I only used 2 chicken breasts because they were pretty big.
Any Suggestions???

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Its not soupy really. When I make this, I stir in some sour cream at the end, put it on the plate and top with shredded cheddar, a little more sour cream, and jalepenos (and hot sauce if we want more spice). My husband and I both found it to be very filling, and didn't need anything else to go along with it....but we also don't generally eat huge meals..

You could also just wrap it in a tortilla shell and make a wrap with added cheese, lettuce, tomato, etc...
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Brown rice or whole wheat noodles?
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Sounds good :smile: I have a non stick comal. When we make something like what you've described, I make pan warmed burritos & quesadillas.

You can use small corn tortillas (my personal fave) or any of the other myriad of tortilla sizes available. Heat a frying pan, and add tortilla to hot pan, toast on both sides till you see tiny brown (not black) spots on the tortilla. First add the teeniest sprinkling of cheese distributed across the whole tortilla, this will be your glue. Add meat mixture to one side along with a slice of avocado, tomato, lettuce, (my personal fave is pico de gallo). Then fold in half, flip as needed to crisp.

Quesadillas made basically the same way, except you don't fold them in half, rather you top a whole tortilla with another, then cut into quarters or halves to serve.:drinker:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Sounds good :smile: I have a non stick comal. When we make something like what you've described, I make pan warmed burritos & quesadillas.

By the way, before i found the nonstick comal, I used a regular non stick skillet & a quick spray of Kirkland canola oil spray.